Baltimore, Maryland

When I went to get out of my 2006 HHR, the front interior door handle broke off.

I cannot get a satisfactory answer as to what Chevrolet's responsiblity is.

Do anyone know who or where I can get this problem resolved? I have tried to find a web site or phone number for the complaint department for Chevrolet but to no avail.

I have tried the dealer but no one seems to know who I can communicate with about the dangerous situation, if involved in an accident you would not be able to get out of the vehicle, except to crawl across the console.

Comments

#520954

I have an 07 HHR.MY vehicle is in very good shape.I have never had any type of problem with my vehicle.I am sure you are aware that chevrolet make's several type's of HHR'S.MINE IS AN LT.Very classes.I do not have any type of plastic door handle's period.As a matter of fact i do not have any type of plastic in my vehicle other than the dash board.Maybe your purchased of a less expensive HHR is the problem.You get what you pay for.My HHR total price was 24,000 and some change.Next time you should purchased a more expensive type of vehicle and I gurantee you will have less problem's.

dude349
@hollins1

you are an ignorant *** not all people can afford a more expensive car.

Same thing but the dealer told the mechanic that they would only sell the door panel and that it would be $800. Ouch!! I guess I am trying to glue -

I've always been a chevy man and still like my HHR, but GM is burning bridges by not jumping on this. How many people need to get hurt before there is a recall?

Same thing...

Same thing here, pulled on handle it broke off. I tried gluing it waiting on glue to dry overnight. Hoping this will work until I can replace it.

bridge910

go to apdty.com and you can purchase one for $80.00. ordered mine yesterday and got it today.

Went thru Chevy who contacted dealer.

Was told that since there was no work order, there was nothing that they could do.

Just came home and went to get out of car and SNAP....I can't believe this, besides everything else wrong with car

I'm a 70 year old woman, drive handle just broke off in my hand. Certainly didn't pull on it with any amound of strength!

Can't believe it was made of plastic !

Can't afford $400 replacement from the dealer. Help!

You must call 1 866 790 5600 Chevy Custumer service with your story and safety concerns.

Ask for Veronica

Mine broke too.. It would seem that this is truly a dangerous defect.

If you do have one broken and had to get out of the car in a hurry, unless your electric windows were working you'd be a dead duck. Chevy should fix them for nothing.. $300 for a part and then installation is absolutely ridiculous.

there are replacement parts on ebay for $75 to fix just the door handle itself.. If the aftermarket can do it, why can't Chevy..

yea... same thing happened to me last night..

as i was opening the door to get out of my HHR bam!! the handle just broke off.. snap!!

Plastic handles!!!

wat GM thinkin!!!! this is ludicrous!!!!

You can get a replacement at apdty.com (auto parts direct to you) for $75.90 shipping is free. Changed my out in about 30 minutes, works great. :)

The front and rear handles are interchangeable on the same side. I took both passenger panels off last night and put the good handle up front on my father's 07. Works fine

There is a company online that sells replacment door handle kits for around $95.00 with free shipping.(1aauto.com)

888-844-3393 they are out of stock at this time, there is a notify me button at the website for notification when they are available.

I too got burned by GM and bought the trim panel that cost over $500.00 installed. I filed a complait with the NHTSB and suggest others do the same, If they get enough complaints maybe they will make GM do a recall???

both of the interior door handles are broken off on the passenger side- we didn't notice when we got the car last week- the dealer doesn't want to be responsible

You can find the replacement handles at clickonautoparts.com

2009 LT2

Broken door handle $400

Broken Seatbelt Cover $100

Dead Brakes $500

GM's answer to this piece of ***....priceless

You really need a MasterCard if you own one of these!

2009 LT2

Broken door handle $400

Broken Seatbelt Cover $100

Dead Brakes $500

GM's answer to this piece of ***....priceless

You really need a MasterCard if you own one of these!