2.3
Interest Rate

I purchased my 2010 Chevy Camaro in August of 2009. Since then, I have had to replace one catalytic converter, the throttle body and related wiring harness and the timing chains at about 35,000 miles.

The timing chains are now failing again at about 70,000 miles. GM has released a technical service bulletin on the timing chain issue since it is a known issue. Further, GM has extended the warranty of other vehicles with the same engine for the same timing chain issue. I am now out of warranty and truly believe that this issue is a design flaw rather than a wear item.

Dealership is quoting $3,800 to replace the timing chains which are recommended as an 8 hour job in GM technical service bulletin and the parts are on ebay for $200. The dealer is willing to "split" the job cost 50/50 with me.

I do not feel as a consumer I should have to pay anything to fix a manufacturing design flaw. All of the consumer blog websites for the Camaro are filled with timing chain issues.

Product or Service Mentioned: General Motors Warranty.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• 2010 Camaro
  • P0008
  • Timing Chains

Comments

I'm also having the timing chain stretch issue on my 2010 camaro. This IS CLEARLY a design flaw.

Many, many others are suffering with this GM failure. Class action law suit needed.