NOT HAPPY! This is my second GM vehicle, and most likely my last. I bought my 2010 Enclave in 2010. It had to have the engine replaced with approximately 50k miles. Approximately 1 year ago it started having issues with transmission and engine/fuel line. I don’t know what the issues are because I am not a mechanic. That is the reason I take the care to a so-called expert at the GM dealer. After multiple trips to the GM dealer, they finally did something to the transmission. This was after at least 2 prior visits when they said there was nothing wrong with it.

Something is still wrong with it. It has difficulty shifting when accelerating. And the other problem that has never been addressed is an engine or fuel problem. Again, I am not a mechanic so I don’t know what the problem is. But I have had this car for 4 years and I know how the car used to run and how it runs now. It acts like it doesn’t want to go. It stutters and vibrates after I reach 40 mpg and any speed above that, especially when I am trying to maintain speed (in other words when I am not accelerating). I feel like I am fighting the car to make it go the whole time I am driving it. If I get up to 75 or 80 mph (which is over the speed limit) then it sort of smoothes out. Since the majority of the time I am not driving 75+ mph, I have to fight with this vehicle every time I drive it. I have taken it to the dealer at least 3 times about this issue. They say they can’t “duplicate the issue” and no “codes” are being thrown.

I don’t understand why a mechanic that is supposedly GM certified and supposedly knows GM cars can’t figure out what might be wrong with a vehicle based on the customer’s description of the problem. And I know other people have had these same issues with Enclaves and Acadias. It is a known problem. Why can ‘t they call GM and talk to a “specialist” there and determine what the problem might be? Maybe it is the throttle body. Everyone knows that is a problem on Enclaves and Acadias. The issue is that someone at GM has to know what the problem is.

I asked to have the actual mechanic drive with me in the car after the first 2 visits when I was told nothing was wrong with it. I pointed out the shaking and vibrating and the shifting issues. After that drive, that is when they did something to the transmission. However, they have never done anything to address the other issue. And it still isn’t shifting right.

Of course, the car has 92k miles on it and the warranty will expire soon.

And then there are the other things that suddenly go wrong. The radio randomly switches itself to auxiliary mode – over $500 to repair. I can have a completely brand new radio put in for that amount. I guess I just have to live with that issue.

The a/c stopped cooling in mid-September – supposedly a leak in the coolant line – and a cost of over $500 to repair.

The part that regulates the heat on the driver’s side went out 3 weeks ago. I just picked it up from having that part replaced at the dealer, at my cost of course, and now it won’t switch modes at all. And now the a/c will not come on at all – the light blinks and goes back off. The labor and part to fix the modes switching issue is $260+.

It is ridiculous to have this many things go wrong with a vehicle that costs over $38K and is only 4 years old.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments