General Motors - 2010 SS Camaro LS3 engine blew up

232 of 662 General Motors reviews

My 2010 SS broke a valve spring while driving about 20MPH in a parking lot. This caused the valve to drop and the piston imploded, causing the rod to come out of the side of the engine. GM said "Owner Caused" and would not honor warranty. Three months later GM agreed to pay labor and parts but charged us $5,000.00 for the engine. After inspecting the old engine the rod was broke and the lifter actually took a lobe off the camshaft.

We have asked for our $$ back but all I can say it this is the last GM car my family will own. GM offers this 5 year 100K powertrain warranty and then will tell you "Owner Caused" What the heck does that mean. GM will not tell us and they will no call us. They hid behind the dealer who has told us that GM should replace the engine.

David took down Goliath with a tiny stone and soon I will start printing the DMA or should I say the Dumb A$% name on the internet.

GM your not fair and your employee is this case is killing a already damage company.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
232 of 662 General Motors reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
GM Suckers

Oct 20, 2014 #887806 Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States

Obama Motors........I filed a complaint with the CEO yesterday and I'm betting that I will not get a response from her either. Also filed a North Carolina DOJ complainant. I refuse to allow companies like this to kick consumers in the teeth.

0 0 Reply
Pokerface005

Oct 20, 2014 #887791 Alberta, Canada

GM really does not care. They know they will get bailed out again when their company goes down the toilet.

1 0 Reply
ernie

Jan 24, 2015 #935667 Seattle, Washington, United States

well... I've driven chevys most of my life... always wanted a '52 1/2 ton pu w/ a 292 six in it... but when they hid problems for ten years that killed people... took billions in bailout money(taxpayer money) filed bankruptcy... and stole a billion and a half...(unpaid taxpayer money) I decided then to never own(new or used) another chevy... then I read...... they're investing 5 BILLION dollars in mexico.... ? go figure.... a great american company... be american, buy american... if you can find anything made here....

1 0 Reply
msloop001

Oct 11, 2014 #883493 Harrisburg, North Carolina, United States

This occurred in the Charlotte market so if you need warranty work go far away. This guy has no clue about the mechanics of an engine.
Obama Motors.........drive a Ford.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.