My 2010 SS broke a valve spring while driving about 20MPH in a parking lot. This caused the valve to drop and the piston imploded, causing the rod to come out of the side of the engine. GM said "Owner Caused" and would not honor warranty. Three months later GM agreed to pay labor and parts but charged us $5,000.00 for the engine. After inspecting the old engine the rod was broke and the lifter actually took a lobe off the camshaft.
We have asked for our $$ back but all I can say it this is the last GM car my family will own. GM offers this 5 year 100K powertrain warranty and then will tell you "Owner Caused" What the heck does that mean. GM will not tell us and they will no call us. They hid behind the dealer who has told us that GM should replace the engine.
David took down Goliath with a tiny stone and soon I will start printing the DMA or should I say the Dumb A$% name on the internet.
GM your not fair and your employee is this case is killing a already damage company.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "If you buy a Terrain which is a great vehicle, do not look for parts not available from GMC. This vehicle is in such high demand that when you need..."
- "I contacted Awbreys Powder Coating concerning some bike parts i needed powder coated, communication was swift and on point, the gentleman seemed very confident he could deliver the services i..."
- "Recall 2001 GMC JIMMY,#01073A&B/01V364000 Ext.Lighting Brake Switch/No rear brake lights. I'm told that service was completed on my vehicle in '02 but another recall came out in 2008 stating the..."
- "Let me start out by saying my family and I enjoy eating at cookout. Today we went it and ordered the usual. The queso wraps had almost any meat on..."
- "Had this in my car for supposed gas savings really wondered if it worked after shorting my mass air flow sensor. I had it 4 year now I open it..."
- "I'm currently in a contract to buy a home with Ryland. Well the home's appraisal came in 10k under...Ryland expects me to bring this in addition to my 15k deposit,..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."
- "PHILIP MENICI CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE BEWARE DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."