Hicksville, New York

Stay as far away from the Chevy Cruze as possible.

The cars sticker says 27MPG City, 38 MPG highway (most drivers 31-45MPG highway,They removed that from the sticker after I complained)

I use this car ONLY for highway use. It has a 1.4 liter engine with the turbo.

Since the day I bought this car it only got 23 MPG on the highway. I have 45,000 miles on it now (Oct 2013) and I'm still getting 23 MPG highway.

Yes, I've tried different speeds, cruise control, different Tier 1 gas and grades, brought it to the dealer 6 times(they cant find what's wrong), and all is still the same.

As I'm driving on the highway, the cars computer is saying I'm getting 40, 50, 60, 90 MPG. As per the cars computer, when I add up how many gallons of gas the car has used so far to date, and divide it by the cars total mileage, it comes out to 27MPG (bogus).

Every time I gas this car up, I do a mileage check. It always totals 23-24 MPG.

GM says you cant go by what the computer says (WOW WEE) and they don't put figure on the sticker, the EPA does. GM Skwashed my complaints.

I tried the lemon law in court and lost. (couldn't prove how that made the car lose value)

Don't worry GM! my GM leases are going back REAL SOON. You don't need 1 little customer. lots and lots of Internet Bulletin Boards out there.

Comments

I just purchased a 2013 Chevy Cruze LTZ with the 1.4 Turbo motor; 6 speed Auto>

I have been commuting for 30 years now (Santa Maria to Goleta) one way 62 miles.

The only true problem I am having is the gas mileage. I am not even close to getting 38 MPG.

I knew this when I bought the car> I was hoping to get at least 35 MPG. I set the car on Cruz control.

(68 mph appox.)

If am lucky; I get 31 MPG. I am pretty disappointed. The tires are inflated correctly. Not too many hills.

The car only has 26,000 miles on it.

I had a 2003 Honda Civic that showed it should get appox. 40 miles to the gallon on the sticker. I was able to get 42 plus from that car.

Any hints on what can be done to at least achieve 35 MPG.

Not sure where to go to from here. I am almost ready to trade it in. I understand cars pretty well haven driven for so many years.