To Whom It May Concern:

Hello, my name is Frank Menyhart and I have been a lifelong Chevrolet and GM customer and enthusiast. I am writing with regards to my Chevrolet Avalanche. I first bought a Chevrolet Avalanche the first year it came out in 2002 since the versatility of changing a 6-foot bed into an 8-foot bed appealed to me. When I heard at the 2012 LA Auto Show that GM is discontinuing the Avalanche, I was dismayed. I have been a fan of this truck since the start and I decided that I would purchase a 2013 Black Diamond Avalanche since my 2002 had over 100,000 miles on it and it served me well with no mechanical problems whatsoever. Allen Gwynn Chevrolet in Glendale assisted me in my purchase of a new Avalanche and I was initially very happy since they guaranteed me a 6 year /100,000 mile warranty. Since I financed my truck for 6 years this was very appealing to me because I had piece of mind that the powertrain was covered for the life of my loan. However, this past January, I was driving along the freeway when the engine and truck started rattling uncontrollably and suddenly. I was startled and scared so I rushed over to Allen Gwynn Chevrolet to have them diagnose the problem. They initially indicated to me that it’s a common problem and it may just need new spark plugs or an new seal, both of which were inexpensive jobs. However, they called me a few days later to inform me that basically the whole engine block was shot and I needed a new engine. Upon hearing this, I told them to initiate the Job knowing that it was all still under warranty as I had about 80,000 miles and it has only been about 5 years since I took delivery of my truck. I was extremely dismayed the next day when I received a phone call from the dealer stating that my warranty was up. Furthermore, they stated that I misunderstood the terms and that my warranty ended on December 31,2017 which was less than a month before this major mechanical failure. Thus, I called corporate that they dismissed my claims of misrepresentation as well and stated that they had signed copies of a document stating that it was only a 5 year /100,000 mile warranty. Even then, I tried explaining to them that a $10,000 repair bill, which comes less than one month after the warranty is up, is very suspicious, almost like the car was programed to break JUST outside the warranty window. Thus, I am asking GM corporate to conduct an internal investigation on Allen Gwynn Chevrolet and their deceitful practices of bait and switch and contract misrepresentation. Furthermore, I am asking that GM pay my repair bill of $10,000 plus my one-week rental car, which cost me $600. I hope this issue can be speedily rectified and that litigation will not be necessary.

With Regards, Frank Menyhart

menyhart@sbcglobal.net

jonathanmenyhart@yahoo.com

Product or Service Mentioned: 2013 Chevrolet Black Diamond Avalanche Car.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Warranty issue, Poor customer service and quality of car.

Comments

Not responding! Bogus company!

$ 40,000.00 dollars down on drain! I’m sending everyday 3-4 email! Nothing happened!

Same thing Chevrolet dealer! Playing ping-pong!

General Motors not responding! Bogus company!