TO: GMAC 8-2-2016
RE; 2015 Canyon Pick up vin#
Having previous good experience with GMC I returned to your brand for my new purchases. My last GMC was a 2003 and I put nearly a quarter of a million miles on it before it was destroyed by a reckless driver. I bought the new Canyon pick-up in the winter it was running and worm when I took it for the test-drive. Which turned out to be a huge mistake on my part.
I also looked at important specifications, and window sticker nomenclature.
(1) The ability to tow up to 7000 LBS
This I do not believe can be done. I pull a small 8x10 trailer including cargo of just 350 lbs. I figure it was about 3000 lbs. it’s like pulling a house down the road at 7 MPG. Not just handling the power plant was over rot trying to keep the rig at highway speeds without even attempting to pass (wouldn’t even consider it with the way the motor was behaving) I DROVE TO Hudson WI from Newpot,MN a fifteen minute drive took nearly a quarter of a tank in gas I’ve never seen anything like that EVER.
(2) Gas mileage is just bad!
I may as well be driving the bigger rig this is not saving me a dime.
(3) The on board computer is very slow – very, very slow.
In today’s computing world this is so frustrating having to wait long periods of time more than (30) seconds to boot - to have the tools and information to proceed on a trip. It’s not covered under warranty yet runs the entire truck so if it quits. Well that’s a problem.
(4) Acceleration letting off the gas on a freeway ramp or navigating traffic and re-pressing the gas to find the motor (missing) no power!
This happens allot and it’s a terrible issue. The shop said (“they are aware of that, it’s within spec”)
The motor behaves like it’s stalling when the gas is re-applied – so, frustrating and a little scary when trying to get on a highway. This issue is listed all over the internet and yet GMAC still ignores this issue.
(5) Maps that are way out of date.
I travel daily and find that the navigation does not include neighborhood’s that have been established for 5 or more years.
Granted I’m used to a V8 but was told that “THIS HAS ALL THE POWER OF AN OLD V8” in your nomenclature and advertising.
In short; I do not believe that you’re advertising, window sticker, sales team or nomenclature was truthful about what I could expect from this (Professional grade) truck. I’ve had it in the shop 4 times in 10,000 miles. I’m a self-employed and this was a major deal for me – Now being told the truck is running at specification. I’m really stuck. Tried to trade out of it only to be told I would get less than 3/4 its value so that’s a no go -- to be that upside-down. I do not know where to turn, this unit is not anything like what I was told it could do. There are other nuisances, what were you thinking - things that I could live with, but the power and towing is unacceptable! I have talked to other people what have the exact same experience- issues I’m having with this new forty for thousand dollar truck!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Just do not care buyer beware
You May Also Like
- "Setting out to buy a new 5th Wheel RV? It was a close call between the Forest River Cardinal Brand and the Open Range 3x model - both seemed very..."
- "Now Montana has join California Auto Dealers... Call 818 749 - 3288Missouri Court of Appeals â€“ Judge Joseph M. Ellis cites UNPUBLISHED DECISIONJudge Joseph M. Ellis and the Missouri Court..."
- "My vehicle caught fire park in my driveway, fire department said it was a electricial fire, it started in the back of the van, sorry to say l did not..."
- "When I confirmed the order by telephone the ElectroZone customer service representative asked me if I was aware the item was a refurbished unit. I told him I was..."
- "We've just returned from Ecuador and I can't say enough good things about it. Marco our guide and Javier our driver could not have been more congenial and informative. ..."
- "I bought a Milwaukee M12 lantern and it was scratched up. I returned it for an exchange and got back the same lantern with the package stapled back together. This..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."