Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

General Motors in Plymouth, Massachusetts - GM side airbags deploying when they shouldn't

I own a 2007 Saab 9-7x which is basically a fancy Chevy Trailblazer. Anyways about a month ago i was run off the road as i was going around a rotary. I turned my wheel to the left, to avoid the car that didn't yield to me. In the process my front left tire hit a curb and my tire became flat and my rim was bent a little. Immediately after the flat tire my side airbags deploy. There was absolutely no bodily damage to the car and i wasn't even close to rolling over. It took a month to fix my car and my insurance fully covered the 4,000 damage. I filed a claim with GM and they checked out the car by hooking up their computer to it. They then notified me that my claim was denied. They said that its a predictive system and it thought there was going to be a rollover. Not even close! Way to sensitive of a system! All i wanted was my deductable back. I now have to worry about turning to fast or hitting pot holes to hard. I have a 6 month old son and i don't need to be worrying about this. I will honestly never buy a GM again.

I went through every possible level and finally got to a person at the cooperate office that basically said they aren't doing anything and that was it. I couldn't even be connected with the people saying No.

They hide behind their customer service representatives and can't face their own customers.

Terrible service all along the way. Disgrace of a car company and I hope they go bankrupt.

If you do not drive so dam fast,You will not have to worry about rolling over or Getting into an accident where your 6 month old son will get injured.*** Slow Down.Get you some dam glasses so you can see better.JEEZ

@***nie

You're an *** Connie. Speed was not the issue.

Poor engineering was the issue. Poor wiring of your brain seems to be an issue too.

GM is *** and doesn't stand by it's products!

View more comments (3)

General Motors in Swansea, Massachusetts - Love my GMC 1500 platform

Update by user Jun 13, 2011

THe comment for #3

adder:

Folks, check out todays Wall street journal 6/13/2011, When cadillac lost its shine! \"Benign neglect\"

Update by user Jun 13, 2011

Steering wheel and flat black paint

Original review posted by user Jun 13, 2011

Hello Folks, I am not one of those that complain, but I felt the need to post. I have a 2007 GMC Sierra pickup truck; today it turned 40K easy highway miles. In fact, I think other than a few household items the bed has never been used. I have three minor complaints about my truck, all so small but are a great testament to the poor customer support and reliability GM vehicles carry. 1) Drive pulley, bad bearing, every time there is a temp change the bearing sequels; had the same issue in my 1992 Chevy Tahoe, I replaced the belt tensioner and issue went away, cost me with OEM parts, $35.00 2) Rear tailgate latch, mechanism corroded a bit, beneath the tailgate sheet metal, over time had to slam the gate shut. On my truck it actually dented or collapsed a bit the sheet metal, looks horrible on a beautiful truck. I replaced that part with the keyed version (Upgraded) OEM parts, cost me $40.00; fixed the issue. HOWEVER, this one is a year old and the locking part, the keyed part, no longer functions (OMG!!!!!!). 3) Stearin when flat black pain on the piece between the wheel and the horn. This section is never touched; however the paint flaked off in a few spots, looks terrible. I don't understand, I replaced the parts myself while under warranty because the dealership was so poor saying it's me, that's how these are. How am I as a consumer to think? I called the GM hot line – 1-866-790-5700. I was instructed to bring the truck to a GM dealership, pay the fee to diagnose the problems I listed above and GM would evaluate helping me out with these issues. So for an $85.00 diagnostic fee (Approx.) I could get an opinion on how to fix my $75.00 worth of issues. I just don't understand their thought process, do people accept that, I think not, such as the success of Toyota, Nissan and now even Kia. (At least with Kia, you know its poor quality, but it's cheap to replace – AFTER 100K bumper to bumper warranty). I also have a 2004 Infinity G35, Coupe, 6 Speed. 96K on it, other than tires, oil and filters and a set of brake pads this car is like new. At 100K I want to replace the car, I thought about the new Cadillac sport coupe, beautiful body lines. But based on my experience, with GM I am very uncomfortable with purchasing another GM product. I don't know how others feel but would be interested to read your thoughts, it the failure of GM ownership? If I make something, unless someone uses it wrong I have a responsibility to my offering.

General Motors in Summerfield, Florida - A sick customer

Dan Akerson, General Motors, CEO Mr. Akerson, I am a loyal customer of GM, a Republican, and have been for fifty years. In 1958, I owned a 1955 Chevrolet 2-door sedan. In 1962, I owned a 1958 Chevrolet station wagon. I have owned Chevrolets right up to the present. In 2009, when no one knew if GM would survive I purchased a new 2009 Traverse. I did this to support your company when you were going through a really tough period. I did so not knowing if you would be around for service or not. I also own a Chevrolet Trailblazer at the present time. I am giving you a look into my history as a Chevrolet owner so that you will understand the kind of a customer you are loosing because of your following remarks. "I will probably make my Republican friends puke with this comment. Now while gasoline prices are going down, we ought to slap a fifty cents or a one dollar tax on gasoline". Well you were right, you did make me puke because I owned a Chevrolet. I am forwarding a copy of this letter to 200 of my closest friends and to my Chevrolet dealer here in Eustis Florida. I think there will be some Democrats that will puke at your suggestion also.

Anyone who isn't an *** will understand your complaint. With our economy on the cusp of a double-dip recession and unemployment at record high levels, the last thing we need is a gas tax.

This will drive up prices of all goods and services that depend on transportation. I, too, think it will make all thinking people puke - this is a suggestion that can only come from a company that has been supported by the government and lost touch with the working American.

Review

General Motors in Hartford, Connecticut - Rebate for oil change/tire rotation is purposefully difficult

I went to a dealer today for oil change and tire rotation. It was done in a timely manner. I got home to do the $10.00 rebate work. GM makes this purposely very difficult requiring copying paperwork, pre-qualifying on line followed by submitting two forms, one from pre-qualifying and a copy of your actual paperwork from the dealer. Any decent company could/would do it all online. Go somewhere else for an oil chsnge and tire rotation until GM moves into the 21st century instead of putting everyone through *** so we won't apply for their rebate. In the future I will ask what their rebate policy is before/if I go to them again for service.

I have to agree...just go somewhere else where it isn't so hard to get the rebate. It is a pain in the behind to do this.

I'm currently 50% successful on their service rebates. I qualify online, then they claim they never receive the forms.

I contacted the last rebate and faxed the forms in 9 weeks ago still no card in the mail. Big pain in the ***.

They didn't list my GM part #. There is no # on the entire invoice that matches the "transmission part #" the online form requires. What did you put in?

View more comments (2)

General Motors in Bend, Oregon - Warning lamp comes on. Lean code

I have 2008 C6 Corvette, (I bought New) the car has been to GM Five times for warning lamp on. Lean Codes. GM said Bad fuel. I put the same fuel as 200 other Vette on the way to NCM in B.G Kentucky, I was the only one with this lamp on. The car was at Campbell Chevy and was sent away with lamp on 2000 mies from home. Shame on you GM. I had to hire an after market tuner to get the lamp to stay off. O, The door button falls out and GM replaced it and it still falls out. went to a good body shop and they fixed it. had to pay out of my pocket. The lug nut thing is that the lug stud hole in the rotor is sloppy and thus the lug stud flexes, over time the stud just simply brakes away. I am told that the wheel locks the rotor in place but we all know that if the rotor can move the nuts will just work lose. Check the lug nuts when you check the air in your tires Tim Life long corvette fan, Then I bought one Second thought on the C7 corvette. I will pass on that.

General Motors in Sauquoit, New York - Chevy truck fuel pumps are garbage

my brother and i had 2 fuel pumps on both of our chevy trucks one went bad after less than 2 thousand miles truck was parked for over a 12 month period of time so the 12 month warranty was no good at all on the new installed pump he started and drove the truck now and then but the fuel pump went bad sitting ther with a full tank of gas 600 bucks a shot for new junk fuel pump and labor what a rip off i and my brother will never buy another gm product brake problems door handles breaking is another bad story
krj16945

exactly my problem GMC Sierra fule pump went three times $1200 each time, driver door handle broke two times, have bought a Toyota now. Never buy GM again even my credit card gives me cash to buy GM

Loss

General Motors in Faridabad, Haryana - Failure to look into the problem and address it

I had purchased a top of the line General Motors Car Model Optra petrol LT in the year 2004. Since I have a few cars it has been used sparingly. In the year 2009 I noticed that the underside of the doors started rusting. Initially it happened with two doors. I thought that maybe due to low usage it is happening. I did not report it. Then it spread to the two rear doors as well. I thought similarly again and did not report it. Then by late 2010 the rusting started appearing on the fenders on the roof,on the boot. So I took it to a dealer in Delhi and lodged a formal complaint. There I met quite a few other customers who had the same complaint in the cars that were purchased in the same period. The Dealer took photographs and sent them to the Company but the reply that I got was that it is out of warranty.Then I went to the Company office in Gurgaon but they had a couldnt care attitude. I did manage to get a pnone number of the Northern Region Head. He said do what you can and was not bothered. He did not even have the courtesy to get the vehicle inspected. I did speak to a metallurgy expert and what he had to sy was that water could cause damage if it collected and was in touch with the metal. But corrosion on the roof and fenders and the boot onle tells us that there is something wrong with the sheet metal or with the original paint job. This kind of COULDNT CARE attitude of the Company representatives was really sad and dont think will take the Company a long way in this age of competition.
Review

General Motors in Reston, Virginia - Rear wheel broke off corvette z06 on expressway

My right rear wheel broke off my 2008 corvette Z06 as I was merging onto I-94 car went out of control and into the concrete wall. The wheel broke off at the lug nuts, there is no damage at all to the right rear quarter panel but GM's investigation says it came off on impact. Because I'm not seriously injured attorneys will not pursue the case but the next person it happens to may not be so lucky. Police report states mechanical failure wheel came off car and caused impact. 30000 worth of damage , days off work and pain but they will not admitt any responsibility. Don't buy GM!!

GM continues to deny and will not even look at vehicle. They still don't care about their customers.

I have heard about this happening at least 2 other times this past year. Hopefully they will do the right thing good luck!

What a shame!

Have you asked GENERAL MOTORS WHAT the injured/fatality quota is before they address this issue.

SHAME ON YOU GM!!! You have the opportunity to at least address the problem now, but you would rather wait until people die or suffer serious injuries, and pay out millions rather than fix the problem now.

How many mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, friends may have suffered or died due to wheel breaking but an investigation was never done because the second impact damaged the evidence, something for suffering families to look into.

I WILL NOT BUY GM!!!

View more comments (2)

General Motors in Minneapolis, Minnesota - GM worst of the worst rip offs

On 4-1 2008 we bought a low mileage 2004 SRX Cadillac. We also purchased a platinum service warranty from Fidelity. The first trip back to the dealership was on 07-08-2008. The service engine light had come on and they replaced a camshaft position sensor, seat heater elements, tailgate latch and 2 catalytic converters. My boyfriend told me that there was a problem with the engine and that it was making a lot of noise. Way too much noise. The engine light came on shortly thereafter and I took the car to the dealership on 12/09/2008 and they verified the lower crankcase noise. They called a Fidelity inspector out to check the noise. He said according to the service record that the noise was ~within spec~. The 3rd trip to the dealer on3/9/2009, the car wouldn't start and it was towed to the dealership. They replaced the starter and when I came back to pick up the car, the service tech told me that there was engine noise coming from the crankcase.. I told him that the warranty representative said it was within spec which he verified in the service record. Shortly after that we noticed that the car was using oil at an alarming rate. By then the dealership, Denny Hecker's in Minnesota was closed and the owner arrested for fraud and ...lots of stuff. So I went to several dealerships about the oil consumption but none were really willing to look at it. They wanted to do an oil consumption test but mostly tried to get us to dump the problem and trade it in on another vehicle. I looked on the internet and found that high oil use was common with this engine. Since there is no type of oil sensor light or gauge on this vehicle, we decide that it was just the way it was and startedkeeping a close eye on the oil level. The 4th trip to a dealership on 5/3/2010 was to John Hirsch's in Cambridge Minnesota. The transmission was slipping and grinding. After inspection the transmission was replaced under the Fidelity warranty. They also replaced the leaking power steering hose, leaking right and left front axle seals, leaking transmission oil cooler assembly, leaking transmission oil cooler lines and repaired the leaking transfer case. At the time I complained about the engine noise and they recommended a multi-point inspection which was done. The 5 th trip to the dealer was again to John Hirsch in Cambridge on 10/7/2010. I was very concerned about the oil usage. Fidelity warranty was called and advised. They stated on the service record that " The repair would not be covered if worn, needs to be broken or failed part" John Hirsch motors quoted us a price of over $3000.00 to find out and that did not include any repair work, just disassemble and reassemble. At the time we had to decline for financial reasons and just kept watching the oil level carefully and adding oil as necessary. There was a leaking dimmer fluid in the side mirror and that was replaced. The 6th trip was again to John Hirsch's dealership on 2/25 2011. The car was not running correctly. The airbag light was on and the engine light was on. This time we asked them again to please check to see what could be causing the very high oil consumption and were prepared to pay in case the warranty company would not. They found a bad coil in the engine head, leaking timing chain cover, leaking valve cover gaskets and leaking rear axle seals. They replaced all and our out of pocket expense was 690.00 plus tax. Then a multi point inspection was done at my request because of the lower engine noise. We picked up the car on 03/02/2011. On 4/30 I was driving home from work on the highway with the cruise control set at 70 MPH. The engine light came on and it died. I was able to coast to an off ramp. I called my boyfriend and a tow truck. They towed it to a dealership $130.00. They couldn't help so the contacted John Hirsch dealership in who towed it to their repair center $140.00. There was less than 500 miles driven between this time and the last repairs done by John Hirsch's. John Hirsch called and told us that the engine was seized and they suspected a bent crankshaft but would have to disassemble the engine to see. They (John Hirsch dealership)called my warranty company only to find out that while I was under the mileage requirements the time period had expired on 4/1/2011 and I was not covered. The tech at john Hirsch called Fidelity warranty to explain that this was an ongoing problem but. they will not even send a representative to look at it. It will cost over $1000.00 just to disassemble the engine and see what the problem is. And what would I do with a disassembled engine? Even to replace the engine with a used engine of similar mileage is nearly $7000.00. We called GM customer service on their LOL "goodwill" program. They were cordial and friendly and promised to give our situation thoughtful consideration but after talking with several different individuals for a week, they called to inform us that they would not offer any assistance of any kind. They never asked us for documentation or contacted the service rep at the dealership about the problem. They were just rude and short with me and not willing to discuss it further. We had only put 40k miles on the vehicle in nearly 4 years. Most of the time it was in the shop. So my car sits at a dealership 40 miles away. I owe more on it than the trade in value and my financial situation at this time is such that I cannot afford to have another engine put in the car. I babied the car from the day it was bought, serviced it faithfully and have documentation. I have always bought GM products. When I bought the car, I sold my 1998 Oldsmobile to a friend. It has 200,000+ miles on it and is still running great. This car was a total joke of a lemon from day one. We have filed a complaint with the MN Attorney generals office. Not sure if anything will come of it or not. Well there I have vented. I will never but another GM product in my life and strongly suggest you don't either. They are not the company they used to be.
#292006

muy buenos

Tags
  • Denny Heck

General Motors in Waynesville, North Carolina - GM Sucks

We purchased a 2010 Malibu new, within 100 miles the hub caps started making noise so i checked them and they were falling off, i tightened them up over and over but they kept coming loose, GM rejected fixing the hubcaps because they were not GM parts? A new GM car with aftermarket parts? YUP! the dealer bought a stripped Malibu from GM and finished building it with aftermarket China made trim parts! were we told this? NOPE! did the 2010 chevrolet malibu brochure show an option for aftermarket hubcaps? NOPE! False advertisement? YES! GM customer service is a joke or should i say IDIOTS! specially ROMINA!! save your self many many headaches and just BUY A FORD! if you absolutly have to buy a POS GM vehicle make shure you ask the dealer if the installed ANY aftermarket parts on the car you are looking at buying, you have to ask because they are not going to tell you until the *** parts fall off and your stuck buying parts for a new vehicle with a SO CALLED bumper to bumper warranty, false advertisement? YES!

I guess I need to explain this again. GM did not work on your car or add the aftermarket parts.

The dealer did. GM does not own ANY dealerships. They have franchises. If you go to McDonalds and they substitute peppers for pickles do you blame McDonalds corporation or the person who made your sandwich wrong?

Dealers do sometimes dress up a vehicle with aftermarket items to help them sell a aged unit, but at least in my state it has to.be disclosed.

Do not blame GM for something a dealer did or did not do. Blame the DEALERSHIPS

I TOTALLY AGREE- I HAVE CALLED ROMINA BACK 17 TIMES AND SHE DOESNT RETURN CALLS..EXCEPT AT SPECIFIC TIMES SO THEY SAY....THIS IS THE 3RD DAY I HAVE AWAITED FOR HER CALL AND NOTHING...CRICKETS. THEY SUCK BIG TIME!!

BUY A TOYOTA OR HONDA OR FORD...ANYTHING BUT THIS PIECE OF *** TAHOE I HAVE!

ENGINE CRASHED AT 40K MILES! I HAVE HAD ONE PROBLEM AFTER THE OTHER AND THEY REFUSE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.

@ANGI KENNEDY

Some of these GM complaints I can understand as not understanding the procedure. But this one, no way.

Angi, I do not believe you. If you have a 2012 Tahoe with 40000 miles and a engine failure it would be covered at ANY GM dealer. Your vehicle came with a 5 yr, 100000 mile power train warranty. It is impossible for a 2012 vehicle to be 5 years old and you have less than 100000 miles.

The only way it would not be covered is if it was abused, like not changing the oil or running it through high water, high enough to get water in the cylinders. Also in case you did not know, GM pays their dealers to repair their vehicles that are under warranty. We do it every day. They give the dealer a 40 percent markup on the price of the parts and the full labor rate to the service department plus they will pay the tow bill and any associated parts needed to repair it.

If your dealer does not want to repair it, take it to another dealer, they would love to do it at no cost to you.

Call the GM customer service number in your owners manual. Do not call the dealer, call GM.

you arent the sharpest tool in the shed are you? Why didnt you take the vehicle back to the dealership, and make them fix it.

That had nothing to do with gm or any of there products. If you went to the doctor and got some meds for high blood presure but you really needed something for a rash.

Would you be pissed at the hospital for what a docs office did. Lets attempt to be a little smarter.

View more comments (3)