Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

General Motors in Rochester, New York - Chevy Cobalt Problems

I have seen lately alot of people complaining about their powersteering in their cobalts and how they had to spend rediculous amounts of money to fix their steering columns because that was the "repair shops" reason for the problem. Well how about seeing that so many cobalts steering columns are are needing to be replaced so much something gets done about it. I mean obviously GM found that the motors were the issue so why is the columns going so much in these cars? I just found out that mine is shot and its only an 06! I love my car dont get me wrong but seriously all the problems that keep happening with these certain modles is outragous and with modern technology i dont see how anything especially a vehicle should have so many problems at such young ages!
#719467

My steering has been replace 3 times already in the past 4 yrs. If I had know that this car had so many problems, I wouldn't have bought it.

So far, I've replaced the front disk brakes 3 times because the rotors warped (known fact); front bushings twice. And my all time favorite the key getting stuck in the ignition.

The latter one when taken to dealership, has to reproduce the problem. Of course it doesn't happen then.

Sorry, have 2005 Cobalt LS w/54200 mile on it. Drive roughly 5k/yr.

I'm tired of spending money on this piece of ***.

#620556

i have a 2010 and i just got the third steering column put in today one more and i go for the lemon law. get me out of this car :p

My chevy cobalt is a 2009, bought brand new. Has had the ignition go out, smoke coming from the ac vents, rust on the car, door handles have both broken, power stearing recalls, (many recalls) ..

car is now lunging forward while driving and has been to thw dealership many times and noone can figure out what is wrong with it. Very unsatisfied with my purchase.

My 2005 Chevy Cobalt crashed on the freeway immediately after my power steering light illuminated. I had no chance to react, the car immediately swerved to the left slamming the car into the guardrail.

The car was totaled and I was injured.

I bought the car new, had it serviced and inspected regularly at the dealership. In January 2008 the dealership replaced the entire steering column and power steering motor.

View more comments (3)
Loss

General Motors in Southfield, Michigan - Would not help with the problems I am having wi

I am having problems with a vehicle i purchased from a dealership. It has been a nightmare since the day it left the lot. Finally after getting no where with the dealership I thought I would give GM a call to let them know all the issues I was having and also to let them know that the dealership selling there vehicles are extremely rude and that they ha,ve no respect for the GM company. Well I was in for a major disappointment GM didn't do any better. I waisted a month trying to get my issue resolved. Everytime I called I would have to leave messages and would not get a call back untill the next day. Just to be told that they were working on it. This went on for a whole month and now I don't even get a call back. They could have called and said they were sorry but there was nothing they could do. Extremely disappointed! _
badsaturn09

I'm laughing at this last post...same deal..I'll give you $2500 toward a new GM. Really? Shove your $2500 you already stole $10,000 from me and your customer service sucks.

What kind of vehicle?

I have had the same experience. The truck was a nightmware of problems as soon as it left the lot.

I have had great experiences with other GM trucks and cars in the past, and this one just happened to be a lemon. It happens to all manufacturers and I was really hoping that I could get my issue resolved with GM but like you a lot of messages and call backs saying 'they're working on it' and then they tell me it's 'normal' or they can'd see/hear what I'm hearing. So frustrating. So GM's solution?

Offer me $2k to buy a new vehicle. I would be taking a $10k hit in depreciation since I've only owned the vehicle for 4 months! So lets' see...

hmmm, spenad and additional 8k to trade up to another vehicle to solve problems that aren't even my fault!? No thanks!

View more comments (2)
Review

General Motors in Coquitlam, British Columbia - Many vehicle problems on delivery and many still not acknowledged or fixed even after multiple trys

Update by user Jun 15, 2011

Ok, So I am finally getting some where with my problems.

1. I told them I wasn\'t going to accept that the roof rack had to be permanently removed to solve the problem so they too the rack off another truck on the lot and put it on my truck to see if it will solve the problem. I don\'t want to get my hopes up but after sevral trips on the HWY I haven\'t heard the rattle again! +1

2. Stereo Static while playing my iPod. I did find a TSB on this problem but it was for a different radio model than the one I had so they couldn\'t perform the repair sugested. After letting the shop foreman drive my vehicle home he did indeed confirm the annoying static noise and after debating with GM Tech they finally performed the update specified on the TSB and it worked! Funny thing is the update really only affects the USB module which is independant of the model radio you have!

So the list of problems grows smaller but there are still a few outstanding issues:

1. Rubbing noise at speeds from 40kmh to 70kmh. The shop HAS acknowledged this, attemptes sevral fixes and none have worked. The noise is getting worse (apparent at more speeds) but the shop says it\'s still not enough to diagnose and they are unwilling to do anything until it gets worse or something fails! I had a similar noise on my 2003 and the noise never got worse and one day (outside of my warranty) my front diff blew up! So I know there\'s a problem but they can\'t find the source.

2. Nav screen jittery. This is a very subjective issue and I may be more susceptible to video artifacts than most but I have seen and played with MANY aftermarket radios and from other manufacturers (Jeep) and they all have rock solid displays. THis issue being billed as \'normal\' by GM it\'s no wonder people think they have substandard product! NOT what I would expect for a $3500 option!

Update by user Jun 08, 2011

I have been dealing with GM back and forth for 3 months now (I bought the truck 4 months ago). After many phone calls and a lot of lip service like \'were talking to the service department to make sure your truck gets fixed\'. Nothing has happened. They are essentially giving up and considering my issues \'normal\'.

The roof rattle turns out to be the roof rack and their solution is to remove it. That\'s not a solution, it makes the noise go away but it\'s still a $300 accessory sitting in the bed of my truck. Removing the accessory doesn\'t solve the problem.

GM has offered me $2k to trade in my vechicle for a different/new one but that\'s insulting since I will be loosing nearly $10k in depreciation trading in my current vehicle it would still cost me in the neighborhood of $8k to \'fix\' the problems that aren\'t my fault.

I understand that all manufacturers will have a lemon or such in their fleet somewhere. This is the first GM vehicle I had owned that I have had any serious problem with and I am more frustrated with how it\'s been handled than I am with the vehicle.

Original review posted by user May 05, 2011

I purchased a 2010 Avalanche on January 17th, 2011. Once I took delivery of the vehicle it was apparent there were numerous problems including, but not limited to: - Heated Seats not working - Fit and finish issues (dash had gaping hole, tail light not aligned properly) - Rattle on roof - Rough idle - Navigation System has 'jittery' screen - Engine virbrations felt in steering wheel at specific RPM's - Rubbing noise at certain speeds - Static noise in stereo when iPod connected Some problems have been fixed (Heated Seats, Fit and Finish issues), some have been fixed but are coming back (engine RPM's felt in steering wheel), some have attempted to be fixed but are not fixed after multiple attempts (Rubbing noise, Rattle) and some have not been acknowledged as a problem (NAV screen jittery, static noise when iPod connected and rough idle) I first took the truck to Dealer on February 3rd and it is now May 4th and I am still trying to get this vehicle fixed. I have been in contact with GM customer service since the beginning (they contacted me after I complained) and aside from some lip service nothing has been resolved from their end. They say they will make something happen and nothing happens. I am frustrated and I have been more than patient to get this vehicle fixed. I understand that warranty is there to fix these issues and while I have not paid to have the repairs done I have invested a LOT of time and money in gas to drive to and from the dealership nearly every week. My vehicle has been out of service for over 30 days and as I said before many issued remain unresolved. There has to be a limit to how much time I should need to invest in this prcess to get a vehicle that I can enjoy driving. I wanted to try and resolve this issue with GM and I reluctantly file this compaint as it has been 3 months now and nothing has been done for me.

General Motors in Dauphin, Manitoba - GM Transmission Lines

I have a 2007 Chevy 3500 Duramax with the Allison transmission.The transmissions lines have lots of problem's My truck has 123,836 km's on it and the lines have been replaced 3 times. When the weather turn's cold they start to leak, have to get them changed. Even the dealership say's they have lots of problem's with them.When I bought the truck, I bought extended warranty, told me 160,000km's bumper to bumper. $3500 for this,so I figured okay lots of money but if something to go wrong I am covered, WRONG. In February my lines started to leak, called them up told them what is going on. They said to bring it in, but the lines were not covered under warranty. I was confused, told him the truck has 160,000 powertrain warranty, wasn't covered. I said the extended warranty, nope not covered. WTF,think you are covered and your not, BS. If I would of took it to then it would of cost me over $850.00 to fix it. I took it to another mechanic, cost me almost $200 to fix it.GM should of foot the bill for this, as they know they have a problem with the lines and their should be a recall. My next truck is looking like a Dodge. So GM kiss my A$$,our family has been with you for 70 years and no more
Goofy

The Dodge is slower?? Explain

Dodge diesels also use alissons now so not much trans problems anymore. If u wanba fix your lines permnantly go to allseason diesel.com and buy trans line repair kit. The dodge will be noticably slower also

Hey great idea, buy a Dodge, but just be prepared to replace the whole transmission, look'em up, the have abysmal reviews for transmissions, across their whole product line.

#272027

Went looking at some Dodge's already, they are looking pretty good :)

#271994

Don't buy an moe Chevys! Pretty simple solution. Get a Ford or Dodge.

View more comments (4)

General Motors in Silver Spring, Maryland - OOoo My god!! No MORE

they all are lier!!! rip off.co. unexperiance technicians, clueless !!!! rip off their customer's and their employee's money..please do not call them!!!! Big problem is even their GM or office stuffs are clue less!!!they don;t know anything a bout plumbing!! mangagement sucks...unbelievable... I hope the owner should know it. they don't care about their customer after they collect the money!!! Do not let them burn your house by unexperiances tech. They hire new people every day for a cheaper rate and fire experiance tech. so that they can make more money!!good for them but not good for the consumer

They dont even care BEFORE they make the sale! I tried to get presales questions answered via chat and the customer service person kept me waiting and then said they didnt know what car im talking about (Sierra 1500) and then after 22 minutes of being an *** and refusing to answer my questions, they ended the chat session because I was getting mad!

Their live chat is outsourced to India, they can't even form proper sentences.

S...T...U....P...I...D

LEARN HOW TO SPELL BEFORE POSTING SOMETHING, YOU GIANT PIECE OF ***

View more comments (2)
General Motors - 2006 Chevy HHR Interior Door Handles
I have a 2006 Chevy HHR LS and the interior door handle broke off yesterday. To replace this I was informed that you have to spend $300+ to buy the whole door pannel. This should be a recall as it is a fire/accident hazard. If my car was to catch on fire I would have...

I also had this issue with the door handle. No extreme wear and tear I just tried to open the door and it snapped off.

I also was shocked at the price quoted.

View more comments

General Motors in Chicago, Illinois - Misrepresentation and fraud

I have bought 2 GM vehicles before and was pretty pleased with the service. I went to Currie Motors in Forest Park, Illinois thinking I might be treated fairly as a 3rd time returning customer. As it turns out the Salesman was so hawkish he refused to give me the trade-in value on my car, even after I asked for it a dozen times. He then proceeded to assign me insurance that didn't even protect the vehicle. I drove off the lot in a brand new car that was uninsured, but was told it was insured. I found this out weeks later when I began to investigate insurance rates on my own. I had entered to an agreement based on a specific number and we shook hands on this number. As I got into the credit managers office, he began to try and strong arm me into an agreement that was about 5% higher in a monthly payment than we had agreed. I had asked this is not what we agreed to he pushed the contract over and said take it or leave it basically. I that point I probably should of walked out but I wanted to finalize the deal so I went a head. After complaining I was approached by the service manager who told me once you get that survey, we'll take care of you. In fact he told me that to "right the wrong" he would give me a two year service contract giving me free oil changes, etc. I never received the survey from GM so they quickly retracted there offerings to me for the lousy way thru treated a 3rd time customer. No service contract, no return phone calls. All for a 3rd time customer who comes back to purchase a car from the same place.

I have a 2006 hhr brought brand new cash and the driver side door latch is broken I think it is cheaply made for the price of the car can someone tell me what kind of recall they have on this car please.

Loss
After purchasing a new Terrain last year, we added $15 in "minutes" to our OnStar phone account. When our 1 year trial period was up, we decided not to extend the OnStar program. We had received a monthly status report on our vehicle, and each time were reminded that...
nikalseyn

This is the reason you should never give Onstar your credit card number. I just bought a new Buick and it now comes with a 6 month trial of Onstar(it used to be 1 year).

When I activated it before leaving the dealer, the lady from Onstar wanted a credit card number. I wisely said no way.

Now, however, I got a loud message from Onstar while driving reminding me I had navigation and don't foreget to use it. I almost drove off the road I was so startled.

I sent an email to onstar telling them to NOT send this kind of message again, etc.

It's been 24 hours. Let's see if they bother to answer their emails.

Review

General Motors in Washington, District Of Columbia - GMC Sierra tach gauge failure at 40,000 miles

I own a 2004 GMC sierra bought new on 9/23/2003. About 18 months ago the tachometer began to stick,read low/high,and read incorrect. It went completely out 3 weeks ago. I have 45,517 miles on the truck and its 7 and 1/2 yeas old. I called the service mgr. at the dealership who advised me there was a notice on the instrument cluster but I was over on the years.He gave me the GM customer service #. Just talked to them today. I can spend $95.00 to have it diagonsed and then they will make a decission based on that. My decission is to just buy a Ford from now on and see how that works out for me.BTW-I have a grand cherokee with 130,600 miles and the tach still works on it just has the other tachs on about 20 cars I've owned.

i have a 2003 avalanche that i bought new that has 60,000 miles on it and the speedometer is doing the same thing. i have driving gmc all my life.

never again!!!!! nissan titan here i come.

I have an 04 trailblazer that has done the same thing, but the recall GM did does not cover the trailblazer! How convenient!! GM sucks - never again will I give them a dollar!!!

View more comments (1)
Review

General Motors in Riyadh, Ar Riyad - Gm manager keep avoid me when asking to increase salary then he fired me

dear rula Through my knowledge of the full Highness carefully to achieve the principle of justice and equality among all employees from a while i ask my boss to increase my salary and he keep avoid me after few months i get back to manager and ask regarding the same subject he said :take it or leave it, after few days he said ur fired . my point is what is the starategy to follow the rules and polices from first year till now i have the salary without any increase please i need ur help regarding my issue best regards