Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

General Motors in Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro - New car with motor problems

In early January this year, I bought an Agile LTZ model 2010/2011 complete version, in a concessionaire called Super Veículos (Rua Uruguai, 140 Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro-Brazil-RJ) and I received it on 14th january, 2011. I opted for a new car wondering have no problems with maintenance for a long time and for GM because of its credibility. I performed a test drive in Agile, I liked the vehicle and decided to buy it. Since we got the car, I was surprised that the air conditioning sometimes seemed to stop working and that the light of the fuel injection was on. I took the car to the concessionairep and the problem was "solved." I took the car again and after few days I had another "surprise": the problems reappeared. Once more I took the car to the concessionaire and they did another "repair". I took the car again and after a few days the problems reappeared, including one more defect: the horn stopped working. On February 15th once again I took the car to the dealership where a problem was detected in the vehicle, specifically in the cylinder head. Chevrolet has provided me a spare car, but since then, no one can solve the problem of my car. I'm tired of going to the dealership and call Brazil (08007024200), for news. This creates a huge inconvenience for me because instead of working, I'm wasting my time between phone calls and coming and going outside and the stress of never reaching a solution. According to the workshop of the dealership, many GM engineers form São Paulo, are poring over my car trying to solve the problem of a single cylinder head for more than a month. I am a mechanical engineer and I think the problem is cyclical and not the motor. The motor is standard and the cylinder head too. According to Super Veículos (the concessionaire), they already changed the cylinder head, but the problem continues. I do not want a new motor rectified (I even don't know if this happened). On 16th march, 2011 , when I got home, I received a telegram from Super Veículos (sent by post sales manager for Wilson Dornelas) stating that my car was ready and that I should go get it. On 17th march, 2011, in the morning, once again, instead of going to work, I went to the dealership. I was welcomed by Luiz Henrique mechanical technician who informed me that the sales manager post sales Wilson Dornelas was in a meeting but that he could receive and deliver the car. We asked what had been done and he informed me that they identified a gap in the motor. So they sent the cylinder head for more accurate measurements. He said that he drove my car and that it with a good performance, but it had a vibration in the motor, which was normal for a 1.4 Econoflex motor. I asked him to open the the car and I could see that the motor was really trembling. Then I asked him to show me the operation of another Ágile motor, similar to mine, in order to compare it. He took me to another Agile, started the car and opened the hood. I observed that the motor of this car was not trembling. Thus, I concluded that they decided to deliver the car even if the car operation was not perfect. Obviously I not picked up my car and I made another complaint by the GM phone. The truth is that I do not trust in my car and I regret that I have bought it. I Did not even know what procedures they have done in the car engine. I do not want a car with good performance but with a motor vibrating, cause I don't wanna pass for all this problems anymore in few months. As I said before, I bought a new car in order to having no problems with maintenance for a long time. Therefore, I request that my money back, the entire motor of my car be changed or change my car for a similar one. I bought the carin cash, it costs approximately U$27.000 and I'm not not intended to get running with a rental car indefinitely. I hope that my case is fast and that I should not be forced to seek my rights in court, press or anywhere else and I'm counting with GM International credibility and suitability in order to solve my problem. Best Regards,
Review

General Motors in Sacramento, California - Asking GM to cover repairs for my 2003 Duramax

After all injectors were replaced under warranty with my truck having only 45k miles; turns out now with 80k miles the injectors are failing again. My local dealer has said GM will not cover these repairs. I find it absolutely unacceptable that after an incremental 40k miles that I should spend $5000 dollars to have the dealer replace them. I have a letter that references over 33 different service tickets on my truck. I am asking those who read this who I should send my letter to at GM where it it won't find the bottom of a trash can...... HELP !!

I have the home address to the CEO of GM. I won't go as far as posting it, but I recently called his personal home and also FedExd a letter with regards to my issue.

Cutomer service is a thing of the past (with a lot of dealerships). The only thing you can do is to never buy GM products again. Went from a Silverado to a Dodge Ram, LOVE IT! Just couldn't jump straight into a Ford. Almost, but changed my mind at last minute (baby steps). My new HEMI is realy helping me get over my long term relationship with gm, and it gets alot better fuel mileage then any chevy I have ever owned.

I am GM FREE, they will never see a nother penny from me.

PS. If you Own A 2003 Duramax, YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE THE INJECTORS, just a matter of time.

Oh and by the way if tou do continue to buy GM, AVOID RANDY MARION CHEVROLET in Mooresville, NC.

View more comments (1)

General Motors in Toledo, Ohio - Gm dealership: Employee price and GM rewards

We signed and drove away in our new 2011 Chevy Cruse last thursday. Today, on Saturday, the salesman calls and says......"Opps, we can't use employee price and Gm rewards". Isn't that their job? We have a signed contract and the car. He wants me to come on Monday with 1000.00 and resign all the contracts. What should i do? We feel like they baited and switched us. We weren't going to buy unless we could use our GM Rewards and it made the car under a certain price. They even called the bank and verified that we had the points. Please help.

I called GM and the AG's office to report bad business with CRANBERRY MOTORS IN MACHIAS, MAINE. I first talked to Wayne Rose General Manager at the dealership, what a gem.

Where and how would the owner of any company get someone like this Mr.God. My family and 100's of friends will NOT support CRANBERRY MOTORS IN MACHIAS, MAINE If GM will not do anything about this out fit I will see that the AG's office will.

lineop

I feel your pain 2 weeks ago I signed and drove way in my new Cruze only to find (er um not find all the features I was told would be in my car) needless to say I went back and was told oops...those features are not in the car you just bought. Well I was flipping mad and went back to the salesman who did take this car back and put me into another (one with the features, that apparently are only included in the conectivity package) of course for an increase in my payment.

Go figure.

This battle is not over yet..!! Seems we all have our battles to fight do not give in they made you a deal stick to your guns.

General Motor need to check out CRANBERRY MOTORS in Machias Maine. it looks like a hot dog stand not a real GM Dealership.

I walked in for service. Some 70 year old guy with a hair piece he purchased at a 5 and dime stated what can "I" do for you??? with pissed off look on his face. I said I need the servie dept.

he said I had go in the FORD BUILDING NEXT DOOR !!! I SAID BUT I HAVE A GM TRUCK NOT A FORD. HE SAID..DID YOU BUT IT HERE!! NO I STATED.

HE OPENED THE DOOR AND POINTED AT AT THE BLUEBERRY FORD BUILDING...THAT WHERE YOU GO FOR SERVICE. SO I WENT IN....WELCOME TO BLUEBERRY FORD CAN I HELP YOU...YES I HAVE A GENERAL MOTORS TRUCK CAN YOU HELP ME.

EVERYTHING HAD TO DO WITH FORD!!!!!!!!!!NOT A SIGN ANYWHERE TO DO WITH GM.*******GM YOU NEED TO CHECK THIS OUT******CRANBERRY MOTORS IN MACHIAS MAINE. WAYNE ROSE GENERAL MANAGER WAS AN ***!!!!

the dealer has to eat the $1000.00 boo boo. the F& I guy will get fired but unless you want to do the contract over that is up to you.

good old G.M. screw em!!!!!!!!!!

nikalseyn

tell the dealer he can have the car back. If he gives you any flack, tell him you are going up the ladder to GM corporate and/or your attorney.

Caveat: make sure you DO go to an attorney who will help you for not a whole lot of money as it probably entails just a nasty note from him to the dealer explaining things, etc. This is provided you are in the right and did not withhold something or lie to the dealer to get the discount.

Dealers can absorb the 1k if they have to, depending on how much they made on the car and whatever kickbacks they get from GM are, etc. Just make sure you are in the right.

View more comments (5)

General Motors in Hollywood, Florida - 2002 GMC Truck - Worst I have Ever Owned

I bought a 2002 GMC Sierra shortbed new from a dealer, and would not recommend GM products to anyone looking for trouble free quality. I do not yet have 100000 miles on the vehicle, and have had multiple issues such as rattles fron the steering assembly (GM admits there was a problem with a few years production models, and for about $400 there is a fix kit). Electric fuel pumps are an issue, but this too can be repaired for about $400 if you buy aftermarket and replace yourself. Electric windows come of track repeatedly, heater fan now only has two speeds, lost half of the instrument cluster lamps, the fog lamps disappeared in a brushless car wash somehow. I used to be a chevy man in my younger years, swore by em. Now I would not recommend these pieces of *** to anyone. Buyer Beware JP
$20000
GM/General Motors states that burning over a quart of oil in 1, 000 miles is within acceptible specs. The powertrain warrantee does not cover oil burn. I have owned a Honda, Acura, Ford, Toyota and even Dodge, have never, ever seen any type of oil consumption. I had a...

has anyone told the EPA that GM thinks it alright to dump 3 quarts of oil in the air is acceptable?

View more comments

General Motors in Dallas, Texas - Complaint to Transport Canada

The cheap too easily broken interior plastic handle of the Chevy HHR is a real danger in case of an accident. The very fragile handle can break. This is why I filed a complaint to Transport Canada about this safety issue. I hope Transport Canada acts in a sense that GM does something about this. GM should be forced to make recall on this. And GM's attitude is even more dangerous as they sell only the whole interior trim for $370 when the handle is is worth no more than $50. Many people can't afford the repair. Shame on GM!

General Motors Unsatisfactory Customer Service

I ordered a Chevrolet Colorado Truck through my local dealership (Northern Neck Chevrolet) on December 28, 2010, the truck was promised to be delivered on 2/22/11. Today is March 8, 2011 and I still have not received my vehicle. I\'ve called GM customer service, the people were rude to me and told me something totally opposite of what they had told my salesman just 10 minutes prior to my phone call. This has been the most frustrating experience and very WORST buying experience I have ever had. This will have been my THIRD chevrolet, but now I am unsure as to whether or not I\'m going to go through with the purchase because of the treatment I received by your customer service department.

Oooh, by a couple of weeks. Stop complaining, you'll get your car, eventually.

LOL! :grin

Loss

General Motors in Chatsworth, California - No part -2 months and waiting 2008 Saturn Vue

My 2008 Saturn Vue only has 22,000 miles on it and the A/C quit on us in December 2010. I took it to the dealer in January 2011 and was told that the A/C valve was broken and the part would be in in a month. We had purchased an extended warranty at the time we purchased the vehicle to avoid these kinds of issues but we never imagined we would be unable to get the problems fixed due to GM's lack of communication and supply of parts. I have been contacting the dealer every two weeks and I've been told now multiple times by the Parts Dept that this part is nowhere in the US and GM keeps tells the dealer they do not have an estimate on when the part will be available and it is on national backorder. It has now been nearly two months and this is unacceptable! Is GM unable to contact their manufacturer and press a little harder to get this part made? What is the hold up? We have owned GM cars for over twenty years and I can say that unless something changes quickly, we won't be buying another GM car ever again!

General Motors in New Orleans, Louisiana - Unavailability of Parts

My 2009 Pontiac G8 GT was in an accident on January 8, 2011. I had the vehicle taken to a private repair shop. It is now February 28th 7 days shy of two months and General Motors have still to yet produce the Airbag needed to complete the repairs for my car. In January I was told that the part was on national backorder and should be in within a few weeks. Week after week they say that it should be in the following week. Today I was told that the part should be delivered on March 14th. My patience has completely ran out not to add to the fact that I am incurring daily cost for a rental car because the repair shop cannot release my car to me without the airbag. After expressing my concern through many calls to General Motors I was referred to the "Regional Specialists" who was absolutely no help to me. He however did tell me that if I had chose a GM shop to repair my vehicle I could be reimbursed for my rental car costs. The only information that the "Regional Specialist" for Gm could give me was that the Part should be delivered on March 14th and the only other thing he could do for me is refer me to the back of my owners manual! For a company trying to improve its reputation with the public they are not doing well. I have always owned GM Vehicles but I am sure this will be my last!
Review

General Motors in Hillsborough Township, New Jersey - The chevy impala is a piece of ***. The engineers design this mess cutting corners everywhere.

I bought a chevy impala in 2004 and it has been nothing but problems. I lost all guages just after the warrenty ran out. The wipers constantly need repair as screws come loose. I just had the car breatdown due to overheating. I decided to repair it myself as the dealers kill you on repair costs and this car always has something wrong. Big mistake trying to fix this piece of ***. I replaced the thermostat, and went to replace the water pump. The water pump cannot be replaced without the power steering pulley removed. Some genious decided to put one of the bolts to the water pump behind the pulley. So I went to get a wheel puller to take the pulley off. Guess what, you need a special pulling tool (another $50 one time use GM tool). Now I find the puller won't really fit very well between the pulley and the wheel well. My god a simple repair turned into a nightmare by really lousy engineering. I going to also need to replace the radiator in this car also as it is plugged up. This car is a classic example as to why people do not buy GM or American cars. they are a product of very poor design compared toe working on foreign cars especially made in asia. Folks, I have bought american all my life but I am done trying to figure out how to get around constant design flaws. GM clean up your act! you have our tax dollar and you should stop suckering us in with multimillion dollar ad campaigns and higher some engineers that know what the *** they are doing.

Fully agree with the declaration that Imapla 2004 is a lemon. I am an unhappy owner.

But I must say I also had the same amount of problems with a Cadillac Deville 1997 just before the Impala. Buying a GM car is finished for me !

I have a 2012 Impala LT and when I put the

windows in the back down I get this noise

that is so bad it hurts the ears and the dealer's fix is (PUT THE FRONT ONES DOWN A

LITTLE TO MAKE THE NOISE A LITTLE LESS.) I

guess the next thing would be to open the

glove compartment. what gives with this??

there are holes in the pulley to access the bolts holding the p/s pump to the bracket. Drop assembly out of way.

No need for special tools this is why technicians charge for repairs. :)

Impala is a lemon! Poor coolant system, passlock problem is a biggie...car won't start for ten minutes minimum, wipers come loose, door handles are fragile...did I mention the passlock problem?!!!!!

Its a 2004? .

Any time now you should be getting ready to experience the super fantastic Passlock issue. Its so fun to own a car that is designed to think the owner is a thief and refuse to start. I am sure you will love it as you push it off a bridge. GM I wish you the best.

Run Flat tires on all your executives cars. Happy Motoring!

Because your POS 2004 Chevy was poorly made, the bail outs apply how exactly?

YOU bought an American car.

Live with it.

Drive German. At least many German cars are built here.

View more comments (5)