Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

General Motors in Sacramento, California - G.M. JUNK 38,000 mi. and headgasket blew

our cadillac deville, has 38,000 miles. of course the warantee has expired, because of age. every few months, over the years, a warning light,(check engine) would come on. we were told by the dealer,(motorworld, wilkes barre, pa) this is normal, because the northstar engines run hot, and use coolent. which i know is b.s. now at 38,000 miles, new headgaskets are needed. we were told by a mechanic, who specializes in motor repair, that this is a common problem, in cadillacs. the gaskets, that g.m uses are not of good quality. we talked to g.m. customer service, but got no satisfaction. it is no wonder, that this company is in the toilet, as they should be. I for one will never buy a g.m. product again.

this was my 2006 pontiac torrent

SILVARADO WITH 74OOO KLM breaks down at 100klm/hr on busy highway.It needed a tow.This is the second time.I have a 500 dollar truck that`s more dependable

I am writing this on behalf of a consumer that i made repairs for a 2008 pontiac G5 This car has less than 100,000 klm,and needed ball joints x2.Was not able to get the single joint,had to buy the full assembly. The struts gone,roters gone,rubber mounts gone.I know the owner,and the car was not abused.

\"Let it be known GM\" with your award winning car commercials,and how your \"facts\" like your lower fuel cost`s ect. The bottom line is what the consumer should know on the people who`s protection plan runs out ect. Don`t be fooled by hyped up looks,fancy grills,and headlights.From what i see about the G5 and chevy COBOLT,along with other new models is a desposable money pitt. These cars are all about shiny looks,but lack quality.Desighned to keep the part`s department working hard.

\"WARNING\"..Consumers beware is my message.I have owned almost 200 cars,The repair cost is the worst i have seen yet.

I foresee a \"bailout\" again in the near future.I have other chevy owners telling me simular stories. Another chevy lumana disaster.I hope students,and others take a good look at the \"long run\" before buying a gm product.Good on gas is not much good when you have to spent $2000 in repairs on a shiny G5 that`s less than 5 years old.The owner of this car say`s \"you need a trunk of money to drive it\",and \"maybe i will shine it up,and try to sell it\" Smartin up GM stop bragging,and look at the long run like honda,toyota,subaru,ford,volvo ect.If your going to replace the old models you need to improve more than the looks.

Save yourself the aggravation and sell it. It's going to become more of a money pit as it gets older.

As you already know, the repairs are not cheap. GM is a horrible company and they make junk.

I had my Cadillac into 5 different dealers the last one had it 4 weeks (WITH NO LOANER) I spent over $18,000 in repairs always being told OH this willl be it ---ITS LIKE BRAND NEW. I know how to maintain a car I now have 310,000 miles on my Lexus, and my wife has 110,000 on hers with NO major repairs just regular maintanence SCREW GM they are the arrogant car company in the world I will never ever own another one as long as I live.

I told my neighbor who works for GM as a level 8 if I won a GM product I would sell it because I would'nt be able to pay for the repairs. He doesnt disagree one bit

vidnutz

car was maintained to the letter. dealer kept telling us this was normal to use coolent.

Did you buy this car used? GM has a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty on it's powertrain.

In fact our CTS-V has a better warranty than other GM products because it's a Cadillac. Northstars are nothing new they have around since the 90's. The head gaskets are not cheap and if there was ever an improved one it would be updated and available to be used as a new part number (updated). Northstar engines take a qualifed tech to work on.

Procedures are very important and must be followed (that is why they have service manuals and training schools). The first clue to your problem is the response of the check engine light. They are not normal and mean something. Northstars are not "hot" running engines in fact they were designed to run in "limp mode" if you lost coolant.

Limp to the nearest dealer not run around forever until you blow a head gasket. Is motorworld a GM supremecy dealership with top notch staff. Do you maintain your cadillac just like your manual tell you to.

There is a reason to change fluids/filters and proper care. I would see another dealer.

View more comments (6)
Loss

General Motors in Kodiak, Alaska - 2004 Aveo Timing Belt Failure Destroyed Engine

Our 2004 Chevy had a timing belt failure at 56,125 miles that destroyed the engine. Car died in traffic and had to be towed to dealer. Dealer quoted $2,790 for repair. Declined to pay this much and made arrangements to tow in home, which is 310 miles away. Filed complaint with General Motors. GM refuses to make it right. Filed complaint with Better Business Bureau. Filed a suit in Small Claims Court. Owners with similar problems should visit http://aveosfail.com and follow @aveosfail on Twitter. We need to get the word about these disposable cars. General Motors needs to be more accountable and follow their own technical service bulletins.

Greetings Alan.

We got our car back at the end of June. Who do I contact at GM to, er, kindly ask to pay for this?

I will try that first before going to small claims court. Name and address would help. Thanks.

thats what happens when you but a piece of junk, you get what you pay for!

Pete - We were able to settle with GM for half the costs through small claims court, so it is worth pursuing them for a resolution.

Same thing just happened to my Aveo!

View more comments (3)
Loss

General Motors in Springfield, Missouri - 3 Transmissions and $4k later, NO RESPONSE

I purchased my Saab used in 2008. Since then I have paid over $4k in repairs, during a 6 month period of time. 3 of these repairs were for a new transmission directly from Saab. I am on the 3rd transmission now and it's still not fixed. I have filed complaints with the BBB, Consumer Reports, Saab USA, and the Missouri Attorney General as well as filing disputes with my credit card company. Not only have I been out the money, but also time spent dealing with the problem, time off work to take/pick up car from shop, and time without my car. I even had to get the police involved and filed a report for stealing by deceit because the shop wouldn't return my car. Saab has made NO attempt to make this right and they keep sending transmissions that are horrible. Now I've received notice of a recall for another item I previously paid for repairs on. Seriously-at this point is it too much for SAAB USA to make this right? I've been far too patient at this point. Pissed is what I was after the 1st new transmission went out. I'm WAY past that now.

Good news is, they no longer are making Saabs.

I was a GM Technician for many years, they truly suck. You can only get rebuilt replacement transmissions, it's that way for all car makes.

If your car is not under warranty, find a local garage that you can trust and stay away from the dealer. You should not have to pay for labor if the transmission was faulty from the factory.

They are trying to cut expenses by screwing the owners. Although GM no longer makes the cars, they still have to pay for the warranty repairs- Good luck.

Its real simple I went out and bought 2 Lexus's to replace my Cadillac and my wifes Buick. I am so happy with these cars I will never change my wife has 110,000 on hers and I have 310,000 on mine.

G.M. were a nightmare for me i dont have the 3 days to write down all the problems and terrible service but they got me and got me good NEVER AGAIN

saabs *** suck

I feel your pain.Im paying for a06 chevy cobalt that the power steeing is going out and theres a recall on the vehicle by GM.This has been going on for 2to3months now and i havent recieved a letter from them yet.I will not pay for repairs that are manufacture made,ill get rid of it before ill put money into something im still paying for thats the manufacturers fault from the start.

LOL...well honestly it was because I liked the one in Sweet Home Alabama. Pathetic huh? That's what I get!

why the *** did you buy a saab?

I have had 2 independent shops and the local Saab dealer work on the car. The Saab dealer also handles all warranty work. I have called everywhere for help but am getting NOWHERE.

I was originally told that the replacement transmission would be new. When I went to pick up the car and the replacement transmission was bad, I was informed that it was a REBUILT transmission. Another REBUILT transmission was ordered and put in.

Now the 2nd REBUILT transmission is bad and I'm looking at more repair costs for labor. Apparently they are allowed to charge for the labor EACH time. Only the part is covered.

The front springs need replaced now and the car periodically won't start. If I leave it running for more than 10 minutes it shifts horribly hard.

All around a dangerous car.

Government Mortors Sucks.

Is a real GM/Saab dealer doing the repairs? Are these new transaxles rebuilt or new?

Are they repairing the same transaxle? This transaxle is used in millions of vehicles if it is an auotmatic.

I would call GM central office in Detroit and ask them for the dealer they want your car to be repaired at. When you bought your Saab used did you asked for it's warranty repair records?

Respecter Sir/mam

This is to put to you notice that I own 2 (two) Chevrolet Spark 1.Spark Petrol and the Registered Number is MH02BG-3149, 2. LPG spark and the registered number is MH04ED 9359 is not giving the mileage above

7 kilometer per liter/kg. We have already raised a complaint in ashtavinayak service station at Jogeswari (west). But after several services mileage is the same.

Kindly look the matter to do the needfull..

My Contact Number is - +919821214641

Email Id :- ad.massenterprises@gmail.com

View more comments (9)
Review

General Motors in Conroe, Texas - Instrument Cluster is a Cluster!

I have had my 2005 Sierra 2500 in because of faulty gauges. I come to learn there is a plethera of unsatisified customers with the same issue. I was told my vehicle didnt fit the specs to warrant the replacement of the cluster by VIN number. The dealer said i was 4000 vehicles out of range?? You know you have an issue with several years and models but dont fix the issue? Now i am expected to pay $600 because my temperature guage? I have owned GM products exclusively since i could drive but will not be the case any more. Inferior products with an inferior backing by GM.
#204770

are 2001 silverado cluster USA & CANADA the same. will a MPH fit on KMP,

Thank you, :?

#204765

are 2001 silverado cluster USA & CANADA the same

View more comments (1)

General Motors in Houston, Texas - Unsafe vehicle

i have 2005 chevy malibui in which the dr seat frame broke a part where the frame part had had been welded together at the factor the seat framing collapsed causing my wife to nearly having vehicle accident.the failure seem to be do the the machine doing the welding of the parts was too hot are the metal use in the construction was inferior.GM refuse to do any thing about this problem it clearly poorly constructed part.this problem could cause lost of control of vehicle with GM turning a blind eye on this matter put people lives at risk.

General Motors in Little Rock, Arkansas - Older cars

whats the deal .the 1991 grand am 2.5 engine has a defective oil pump did gm make a better pump and if not y??? 31 mpgs give me a break dont care to buy oil pumps from salvage yards for my vintage car and y the *** do i have to make up 100 words for such a small detail dadadadadadaddadadadadadadadaddadadadadadaddadadadaddadadaddadadaddahhhehehe gagagg yyayaya me mem eme mem em em me mem eemem em em em em me me me me me mem e mem m mm m m me me mem eme mm memem me mem me me mem m

first reader couldnt read!!! the second reads into something thats not there !!!

you canot buy a new oil pump y else would any body buy a used one!!! and yes its cherry

Why would you buy a junk yard oil pump? Brand new ones are not that expensive.

Is you 19 year old car in cherry condition or are you one of those people that never buy naything but a beater and then won't even maintain it. Oil pumps are very simple and reliable.

I am 53 years old and never , ever had to replace one. Just buy a new one and have a qualified mechanic install it.

dagwood1956

for sure you cant read oil pump

You're upset that a 19 year old cars has a defective fuel pump?

That's absurd!

View more comments (3)
Review
#172050 Review #172050 is a subjective opinion of poster.

General Motors will not fix brake issue

My 2001 Chevrolet Silverado had a recall for the ABS front wheel speed sensors. They were removed, cleaned, and re-installed at 65,000 miles. No parts were replaced for this recall and the problem keeps re-occurring since about 85,000 miles. GM will not cover any replacement and only temporarilly fixed the problem with the recall. As a result of this when the brakes are applied at slow speeds the ABS system kicks in and does not allow drivers to stop properly endangering all motorists. The case has been reviewed by GM and they will not offer any financial assistance or do anything about the problem. This is about a $350-$400 fix for parts and labor. Motorists are in danger thanks to GM!

I had the same problem on my 2002 CHEVY SILVERADO it was a recall they did not want to correct the problem right so know it cost me 1000 to replace both hubs Chevy should pay for this & how many accidents did there mistake cost & the people have to pay for the repair & it was a recall someone should go after them just like TOYOTA MAKE IT HAPPEN

Are you using GM brakepads or inexpensive autozone(or the like) parts? Cheap pads give off alot more dust and can give ABS sensors a fit.

The ABS system can do a better job of braking that you could ever do. Do not pump you brakes with an ABS system. Also important is tire wear and shocks. Worn shocks make tire contact patch difficult and the ABS system kicks in.

Buy quality shocks/tires.

Danger? come on.

View more comments (1)

General Motors in Indianapolis, Indiana - All want COMPARABLE CAR from GM

I purchase 2008 Saturn Vue in June of 2008. I have been a VERY loyal customer to the Saturn brand. My family has purchase 5 new vehicles since 2000 .The car is constantly breaking down once in 9/2009 for not starting, 5 times between 12/02/2009 and 1/6/29/2010 for not starting, twice for recalls, and twice for other electrical issues. It has gotten to the point that I am afraid to drive it because I don't know if I will be able to get back home without the help of roadside assistance. Just likeT_nv@yahoo.com ( complaint on this site Buying Saab was the worst decision of my life) my request to look into the issue with my car I got the response "Dealers did what they thought was right and the problem was 'solved'." from the customer service department at GM Corp. They have transfer me around to different dept. and reps. and I have had different offers put on the table( which they won't give me in writing) which seem to make them gain and me loss time and MONEY. I have never ask them for any money just to find and trade me into a comparable vehicle. I don't understand what happened to customer service. It seems that when GM decided to get rid of Saturn they decided that the owners didn't matter anymore. I will be filing a complaints with BBB, FTC and blogging on a number of sites so current as well as future consumers and GM Corp. as a whole will know how customers are being treat ( or should I say mistreated). I am a Disabled American Veteran being treated unfairly but this is not the way you treat any customer spending their hard earned money on your vehicles.

I also have a 2008 Vue that is showing problem. And, the service I am getting since they shut down the Saturn brand is the worst I have ever had.

Loss

Is this the way General Motors treats their Disabled American Veterans?

All want COMPARABLE CAR from GM I purchase 2008 Saturn Vue in June of 2008. I have been a VERY loyal customer to the Saturn brand. My family has purchase 5 new vehicles since 2000.The car is constantly breaking down once in 9/2009 for not starting, 5 times between 12/02/2009 and 1/6/29/2010 for not starting, twice for recalls, and twice for other electrical issues. It has gotten to the point that I am afraid to drive it because I don't know if I will be able to get back home without the help of roadside assistance. Just likeT_nv@yahoo.com ( complaint on this site Buying Saab was the worst decision of my life) my request to look into the issue with my car I got the response was "Dealers did what they thought was right and the problem was 'solved'." from the customer service department at GM Corp. They have transfer me around to different dept. and reps. and I have had different offers put on the table( which they won't give me in writing) which seem to make them gain and me loss time and MONEY. I have never ask them for any money just to find and trade me into a comparable. I don't understand what happened to customer service. It seems that when GM decided to get rid of Saturn the decided that the owners didn't matter anymore. I will be BBB, with FTC and blogging on a number of sites so consumers and GM Corp. as a whole will know the customers are being treat ( or should I say mistreated).I am a Disabled American Veteran being treated unfairly but this is not the way you treat any customer spending their hard earned money on your vehicles.
Loss

General Motors in Riyadh, Ar Riyad - Long Delay in maintenance without any compensation

I bought a Cadillac BLS (2007 Model), Car No. NDA 3016 and VIN: YSCFD41U272300332, from Saudi Arabia (Riyadh)'s Cadillac sponsor: Al Jomaih. Since that time I'm continuously facing a problem with the maintenance team, consequently I'm facing the same problem with the Collection/Installment departments. My car was entered for maintenance 3 times, and each time it stays more than a month, for a minor repairs and the regular maintenance, without giving me any car during this period, nor paying me any compensation or even cancelling or delaying any due payments/installments. I tried to solve this problem with them several times, but I couldn't, so I was forced to pay the late installments every time in order to take my car, however; the last time (the current) I refused to pay anything, I paid more than SAR 9,000 on car rental, and it is not fare to pay for car rental and the installments for a car that I'm not using without any clear reason. It worth's mentioning that when following up on my car status during the maintenance period, no one answers the phone; I had always to go to the maintenance centre and waste my time there, with no result. I'm seeking your help to solve this problem, why I should pay double my car installments without even using it? Why should they treat me without any respect? All what I'm asking for is to give me an acceptable and logical solution by all parties. I suggest one of the following: "¢ Just let me sign on a clearance letter and leave the car for Al Jomaih; "¢ Cancel all installments that was due during the maintenance period (this should appear on the car maintenance history), let me pay any additional payments (if there are) and then receive my car; "¢ Last not preferable solution is to delay the due installments and increase the installment period with the same, receive my car from the sponsor and start paying again starting the next month. Note: in all cases I should get an official signed letter confirming that the sponsor (Al Jomaih) will not cause any unreasonable delay when the car is entered for maintenance, and if happened the installments will be stopped/delayed or will provide me with a car temporarily during the maintenance period. **I called on your Customer Services (Dubai) tel. 00971 4332 5023, and got ticket No. 1/4601495 but it seems that they won't help much, that's why I'm writing this letter to you. Sincerely, Malek Al Kawas Emirates NBD Capital, KSA Head of Investment Operations Tel. +966 54 771 4444