3.0
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jan 04

Warranty was not honored on a 2015 Cadillac Escalade on the paint job. It is a 4 year / 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.

The paint was peeling off the roof and hood with only 25,000 miles on the vehicle. I have 28,869 miles on it today. I don't understand why it is not covered.

I would like my $2,144.28 money returned for myself having to take matters in my own hand. Thank you very much.

Original review posted by user Jan 03

I bought a 2015 Cadillac Escalade, brand new off the showroom floor. This model has everything which cost $87,000 and purchased from Ed Morse Cadillac dealership in Brandon, FL.

I have a 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty which is bumper to bumper. The paint is pealing off on the roof and hood with only 25,000 miles on the SUV. It was poorly painted, with very little primer and paint. I spoke with Ed Morse's service technician supervisor and he said is was not covered under warranty.

I also spoke with General Motors and they said Ed Morse will not warranty the vehicle. Ed Morse always does routine services to my vehicle. I have taken matters in my own hands and getting it repaired.

The total cost for the repair is $2,144.48. I will not buy another Cadillac Escalade nor would I recommend any of my family and friends to buy a Cadillac.

Calvin Weatherspoon

A disgusted consumer

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

General Motors Cons: That warranty was not honored, And the paint was bad, Repair myself.

• Escalade

Comments

h.kitchener

The old saying "you get what you pay for" doesn't apply to your Caddy, does it? I suspect neither the dealer or GM will cover this damage under the "ordinary wear and tear" or similar terminology.

I assume, since you live in Florida the car sits in the sun most of the time---you appear to not put many miles on it per year. The original paint application(s) at the factory were not done correctly and that does happen although I would have expected GM to at least split the cost to repair it with you. It's fixed now and there seemingly is no reason to ever buy another car from that dealer nor buy a GM vehicle again.

Next time you need a vehicle, shop around for something else. Good luck.