Reno, Nevada

I own 4 GM products;

1994 GMC Sanoma (White)

1995 GMC 2500 PU (Blue)

1996 GMC Suburban (Tan)

2000 Buick LeSabre (Gold)

The reason for this communication is an apparent defect in GM product paint products. I have noticed this problem for many years from a large number of GM cars & trucks I have seen on the road.

The problem starts with the clear coat coming off in large areas and then the paint down to the primer. All 4 of my GM’s have this problem on the roof, hood and dexk lid.

As you can see, none of my vehicles are new and with this inherent paint problem that seems to be prevalent with GM products, I am very reluctant to consider rplalceing any of them with another GM product.

True, I have seen Ford & Chrysler products with this problem also, but I will tell you that I have not seen more than a few GM’s over 10 years old that still had paint on the hoods, roofs, or deck lids. Not so with Ford or Chrysler.

Sad selling point for GM.

Comments

Sorry - hit the *** button trying to read those comments, but it added one more hit to ***. Did not mean to do this! The paint is coming off of my 2007 Chevy Tahoe as well, so I agree that GM has a paint problem!