Resolved

Update by user Sep 15, 2017

I found a part number on my own, through a Toyota dealer, even though the Matrix didn't have a roof rack like the Vibe did. Strange.

Still, GM could do a better job of supporting owners of earlier models. I have always been a GM guy for most of my 60 years, but if they don't make it easier to find parts to keep our beloved machines going, they aren't going to keep me as a fan.

Original review posted by user Sep 09, 2017

I had to remove a roof rack from 2003 Pontiac Vibe due to a water leak (apparently a common problem with these). Some small plastic attaching clips/studs broke in the process, and now I can't find replacements or even get a part number from anyone to search.

No photo of what it should look like, nothing. So how can the rack be reinstalled without the correct mounting pieces??

Nice that GM offers online chat but that was of no help either - they simply referred me to a GM dealer (already tried that!) and provided some web sites that might help (already tried that too!). There should be an archive or other source available for owners so we're not left high and dry with no way to repair our cars.

Product or Service Mentioned: General Motors Customer Care.

Reason of review: can't locate part number for attaching hardware.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments