Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I recently took my 2002 Chevy Trailblazer to the local Chevrolet dealership to have it serviced because it was near 75,000 and I had noticed a service engine light illuminated on the dashboard console. I purchased the SUV brand-new and due to living in a big city, I don't need to drive it much which explains the low amount of mileage on a ten year old SUV.

The service department called me a few hours after dropping off the SUV to explain to me the problem indicated by the service engine light. I was told that all four transmission fluid lines were leaking causing internal damage to the transmission and that it would need to be completely replaced. Under normal circumstances, that may be a normal time for a transmission to go with the amount of time that I have owned the SUV and the mileage on the vehicle. However, this is now the third time the transmission has needed to be completely replaced and in addition, I recently spent quite a lot of money servicing the four wheel drive system on two separate occasions which I won't go into detail about here.

The first transmission failure incident occurred in May, 2004 when the mileage was 23,895 followed by a second incident in January, 2008 when the mileage was 44,720. I contacted GM about it and all they would offer to do for me was to give me a $1500 customer loyalty rebate towards the purchase of a new GM vehicle.

You think I really want to buy another defective GM vehicle that the transmission will need replacing every 25K miles. Thanks for nothing GM, I wish you would have went under.

Comments