I bought a 2005 Chevy Malibu and the headlights are melting due to a manufatures defect which GM doesn't want to help.All 2005 Chevy Malibu lights are melting.

I talked to GM reps. And one said I was liar and another said to take it to get a diagnostic, and they would make a recall. Well I took it and they dont want to pay for it to be fixed even though its their fault.

Ive seen so many Malibus doing the same thing. There are many complaints on the internet and GM doesnt listen.

So inocent people like me are stuck with bills that are GMs mistakes. My car can even catch on fire, because smoke even comes out of the lights. I'm guessing GM wont do anything until a serious accident occurs and they get sued.

If you have a 2005 Chevy Malibu check your headlights and you'll see its true.

Review about: General Motors Car.

Had an Experience with General Motors?

Comments

gogo1

We Have a 2008 corvette Z06, 12,000 miles tire broke off with lug nuts intact while merging onto extremely crowded freeway,which caused us to hit cement embankment, doing major front side damage to car.The back rear wheel area was not hit and no damage just broken wheel.

All evidence and reports indicate this was the cause of the accident, but GM does not agree. They have a history with wheel issues on cadillacs, so I would think they would want to take this vehicle and test the 2 other wheels to make sure that this is not a defect. Especially since this car is supposed to be a high performance car and wheels are breaking off while merging onto freeway, during rush hour at low speed.

I wonder how many other accidents have happened due to this problem but are never identified because the car gets hit again making it impossible to see what happened with the wheels!I hope they re-investigate my complaint because this is very dangerous not only to the GM driver, but it could be dangerous to every driver and their passengers if this continues to happen.

#207204

Replacing the emergency flasher switch on the dash seems to have eliminated the melting headlight assembly, for the turn signal bulb, on my daughters car. Been two weeks. It was our second headlight assembly to melt.

#191995

my 2005 malibu has melted too.

what do you do for replacement? as the replacements melted too.

I am writing this on behalf of a consumer that i made repairs for a 2008 pontiac G5 This car has less than 100,000 klm,and needed ball joints x2.Was not able to get the single joint,had to buy the full assembly.The struts gone,roters gone,rubber mounts gone.I know the owner,and the car was not abused.

\"Let it be known GM\" with your award winning car commercials,and how your \"facts\" like your lower fuel cost`s ect. The bottom line is what the consumer should know on the people who`s protection plan runs out ect. Don`t be fooled by hyped up looks,fancy grills,and headlights.From what i see about the G5 and chevy COBOLT,along with other new models is a desposable money pitt. These cars are all about shiny looks,but lack quality.Desighned to keep the part`s department working hard.

\"WARNING\"..Consumers beware is my message.I have owned almost 200 cars,The repair cost is the worst i have seen yet.

I foresee a \"bailout\" again in the near future.I have other chevy owners telling me simular stories.Another chevy lumana disaster.I hope students,and others take a good look at the \"long run\" before buying a gm product.Good on gas is not much good when you have to spent $2000 in repairs on a shiny G5 that`s less than 5 years old.The owner of this car say`s \"you need a trunk of money to drive it\",and \"maybe i will shine it up,and try to sell it\" Smartin up GM stop bragging,and look at the long run like honda,toyota,subaru,ford,volvo ect.If your...

I have given up on GM and will never buy another vehicle from them...My transmission went bad after only 66,000 miles on a meticulously maintained vehicle and GM would not stand by their product. It is no wonder they are nearly bankrupt...They don't care about customer loyalty or service

my DRLs are also melting on my 05 Malibu- I've had many of the same problems with GM as well. it's obviously a fault of theirs but they aren't fixing it... :(

Central City, Nebraska, United States #4763

I purchased a 2005 chevy malibu with 20,000 miles on it.Three days ago my instrument panel went out.

I thought it was just a fuse so I went to get it replaced. I went to my local Western Auto and was told the fuse was fine. I thought they didn't know what they were talking about so I went to a private mechanic and was told the same thing. The next place I went to was my local auto zone.

When I walk in I told the gentleman what was going on and he said let me walk out and look at it. The next thing he said shocked me. He stated he had at least three other people with the same vehicle to come in with the same problem one who was his best friend. He said there was a recall done on these vehicles for that problem.

I went to my local dealership the next day and was told there was not a recall on the chevy malibu's but there were recalls done on the 2003-2004 cadilac escalade, 2003-2004 avalache,2003-2004 gmc yukon, and yukon xl. I was told I had to pay for my own vehicle which was around $1500.00. I was very upset so I called the customer service number I was given and was told they would investigate it. I was not pleased with that so I asked to speak with the CEO Richard Wagner.

I was told by Jocelyn his assistant he does not deal with these matters. She said she would call the dealership and see what they can do to help me. She also stated that since I did not purchase the vehile new and from a certified gm dealer she didn't think there was...

I think Jocelyn and Richard Wagner needs to be fired.

I hope by posting this blog that many other people speak out about how they are treating customers and they LOOSE THEIR JOBS. After this I will honestyl never purchase anything made by this company and I hope people will join me and do the same thing.

We as customers pay too much for our vehicles, whether purchsed from a local gm dealer or not,to have a major problem and not get the results we are looking for.So if you or someone you know is thinking about purchaseing a gmc vehicle tell them NOT TO.