2.4
Style and Design

on a 2006 HHR with 80,000 miles the steering continues to go out I have read many complaints of this problem why is there not a safety recall. I am sure I am not the first person to bring this to the attention with no reply.

all the info I have we are looking at 1,000 or so to repair that seems odd for a 100 dollar motor that the whole steering column has to be replaced. I have read that other G M cars have been recalled for this same problem . if its a safety problem with them why not the HHR.

I cant get a good reason for this unless folks have not let G M know it is very unsafe. so folks should write a review

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: safety recall.

Comments

Your car is 12 years old and has made more than 3 trips around the world at the equator.You cannot possibly expect free service regardless - unless there was a recall which , for some reason, you chose not to avail yourself. You're lucky the wheels are still attached and there aren't rust holes in the floorboards. Yes, folks should complain ; but they should have done it over a decade ago.