Smithville, Missouri

While on a road trip recently, my husband and I encountered an engine problem. Mandal GMC in Biloxi MS did a "GM Warrantied" repair in the amount of $5356.48.

447 miles later, another GM dealership in Gainesville FL informed us the repair was not done properly and we now needed a new engine at a cost of about $7000.00. We traded our truck for scrap value. We contacted GM Customer Care for assistance in getting Mandal GMC to credit us for the faulty repair. They say they didn't make a mistake and won't credit us the money.

All Customer Care did was call us to relay that message.

GM's Customer Assistance is a farce. We have bought 14 GM vehicles over the years and we will not be buying another one!

Product or Service Mentioned: General Motors Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Poor customer service, Do not stand behind warranty of repairs.

Comments

My experience with both cust svc and their "legal dept" which appears outsourced is when you formally file a complaint, both depts blow it off by saying they can no longer contact you in spite of caller id does not show that. So they dead-file the complaint.

This is a pattern. No more gm for me