My name is Sharon DeSousa. My parents own a 2016 Chevy Traverse which is now almost 2 years old and has 31748 miles on it.

All 4 tires are showing visible cracking and dry rot in between the treads and on the sidewalls. After a visit to Kurtis Chevrolet morehead city nc we were told that is was "superficial" and not covered under any warranty. I then contacted GM customer assistance via phone calls and they concurred with the dealership that it was not to be covered. I therefore took it upon myself to contact Goodyear Tire Company by phone.

They sent me to an authorized Goodyear dealer to assess the tires. The gentleman that helped agreed that the tires are visible cracking,dry rotting & that the cracking in the side wall was a major concern. He then contacted Goodyear on my behalf to determine if they would replace or prorate the tires. They determined that they would but at a cost of $639.52.

I then contacted Goodyear again and got them to agree to $93.00 per tire. Which is going to cost $428.00 with mounting & balancing. My major concern and complaint with Chevrolet is that they offered no help with this issue. It is a safety issue and they did not seem concerned at all.

I am attaching some photos of the tires which you can easily see the cracking. I hope that someone takes my complaint seriously and reaches out to rectify the situation.

Product or Service Mentioned: Goodyear Tires.

I didn't like: Poor quality and ignore complaints, Gm refuses to recognize the problem, Do not stand behind warranty of repairs, Quality of products.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 18.

Comments

#1572096

It looks like dry rot likely caused by dry conditions I think you live in a dry area because I have seen this before and most of the vehicles were form desert areas sout low humidity and high tempture and low precipitation