I bought a 2014 Chevy cruze in January.From January to July it has been in service 7 times for recall or warranty issues for a longer period than in my own driveway.
My car had less than 7500 miles on it when I picked it up late July after 10 week stay in the service department for a drive train recall. Shortly after picking it up from the Lake Chevrolet service department I started experiencing severe symptoms such as sporadic down shifting accompanied with vibration and power failure after long distance driving. I dropped off my car again for the 8th time in less than a year with less than 8,000 miles on it and asked service to fix the problem. I got a call from service a week later telling me they couldn't identify or fix the problem.
That I needed to drive the vehicle further until the symptoms became more severe. I thought that was absurd so I contacted GM customer service via email and phone asking for assistance and stated the vehicle was dangerous to me and everyone around me. I opened a claim of objection 71-1363567316 on 10/10/14 and again asked for assistance with review of the service departments findings and further inspection of my vehicle. After two weeks of getting the run around and being transferred to three different people , it was insisted upon me that I return the rental they provided and pick up my vehicle as they weren't going to cover the rental any further and my car was taking up valuable space in the dealers lot.
I picked up my car on 10/26/14. On 10/31/14 less than a week later on my way home from work, experiencing the same symptoms I slammed into the brake lights in front of me. No power brakes or steering totaling my car and the car in front of me. The next day I contacted GM.
Notifying them of the collision, seeking assistance and transportation relief so I could get to work while we get this figured out. Again GM denied any of either to me as a customer in need of assistance. To date I am without transportation and am unable to generate income to support my family. GM it seems will be quit content watching me as a customer go all the way down financially and do nothing to support its product or me as its customer.
The banks wont back me for another car loan until my current loan is paid off, my insurance wont pay off my loan with an ongoing investigation.
on top of that, I cant seem to get a lawyer to take the product liability and negligence case against both the dealer and GM without there being a major injury case as well.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No customer support
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2014 Chevrolet Cruze
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I've been a loyal GM owner for ive 35 years..But that all ended today..When I realized that GM does not like Animals..It's ok for me to drive them around in..."
- "I have had several rvs this one was the most expensive one I paid over a quarter of a million dollars for this new and it is so cheaply made..."
- "In 2013 we bought a new 2014 Model Salem destination trailer built by Forest River from Fun-N-Sun in Ludington, Michigan. The first season we had these issues covered by..."
- "NO NO NO! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Stay far away from this place! There's a reason they are not part of the BBB! They do not run..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "I posted a blog post on ISIS-Comesuticals' blog asking about one of their 4 fl oz products that have suddenly been pulled off the market, and I was surprised to..."
- "We got the buy two Samsung phones, get a free 50" smart TV. We got the free TV within the 6-8 weeks, but when we got it, we pulled..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."