General Motors - GM does not stand behind its product or support it customers
I bought a 2014 Chevy cruze in January.From January to July it has been in service 7 times for recall or warranty issues for a longer period than in my own driveway.
My car had less than 7500 miles on it when I picked it up late July after 10 week stay in the service department for a drive train recall. Shortly after picking it up from the Lake Chevrolet service department I started experiencing severe symptoms such as sporadic down shifting accompanied with vibration and power failure after long distance driving. I dropped off my car again for the 8th time in less than a year with less than 8,000 miles on it and asked service to fix the problem. I got a call from service a week later telling me they couldn't identify or fix the problem.
That I needed to drive the vehicle further until the symptoms became more severe. I thought that was absurd so I contacted GM customer service via email and phone asking for assistance and stated the vehicle was dangerous to me and everyone around me. I opened a claim of objection 71-1363567316 on 10/10/14 and again asked for assistance with review of the service departments findings and further inspection of my vehicle. After two weeks of getting the run around and being transferred to three different people , it was insisted upon me that I return the rental they provided and pick up my vehicle as they weren't going to cover the rental any further and my car was taking up valuable space in the dealers lot.
I picked up my car on 10/26/14. On 10/31/14 less than a week later on my way home from work, experiencing the same symptoms I slammed into the brake lights in front of me. No power brakes or steering totaling my car and the car in front of me. The next day I contacted GM.
Notifying them of the collision, seeking assistance and transportation relief so I could get to work while we get this figured out. Again GM denied any of either to me as a customer in need of assistance. To date I am without transportation and am unable to generate income to support my family. GM it seems will be quit content watching me as a customer go all the way down financially and do nothing to support its product or me as its customer.
The banks wont back me for another car loan until my current loan is paid off, my insurance wont pay off my loan with an ongoing investigation.
on top of that, I cant seem to get a lawyer to take the product liability and negligence case against both the dealer and GM without there being a major injury case as well.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No customer support
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2014 Chevrolet Cruze
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Well, when many people told me not to buy a Volkswagen, I simply ignored them and thought, "they are a ford/Chevy die hard fan, what do they know?" Turns out,..."
- "My 2010 SS broke a valve spring while driving about 20MPH in a parking lot. This caused the valve to drop and the piston imploded, causing the rod to come..."
- "My wife recently bought a 2011 BMW X5. After she signed the papers Stephen (the sale manager) informs her that the vehicle needs to be taken to the shop..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "Hidious Service! Paid for my order to be priorty shipped & arrive before Christmas! Just received the item a week ago. Good Luck getting a live person on the phone...."
- "Hello there... i have a egg mixture or chocolate mixer that you press & mixes that i got a year ago with a set of knifes at Sam's Club that..."
- "NO NO NO! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Stay far away from this place! There's a reason they are not part of the BBB! They do not run..."