Flint, Michigan

I have an 2008 Saturn Vue. Paid $4700 for transmission replacement In September 2014.

This September 2015 I noticed transmission fluid leaking so I took the car to dealership which had replaced the transmission. Received a price estimate of over $7600 to repair the Vue. It needs intake gasket on 3.5 liter engine. I would have thought GM have addressed this problem by now.

But the kicker is they will not address the leaking transmission gasket. While I was told I had a 3 year 100,000 warranty on the replacement transmission, I only had a 12 month 12,000 on workmanship. Since the leak was faulty workmanship I need to pay again , no warranty , no help. I initially took the car in in September 2015 with around 10,000 miles on the rebuilt transmission.

Today I took Car to a second dealership which offered no help, GM rep told them , it was workmanship problem so no coverage. I grew up in Flint Michigan all my family has for generations worked for GM. My brother lost 10s of thousands in GM stock when they went bankrupt . My mother- in law lost her Heath care.

I have always bought GM cars , but never again.

If they can change outrages prices for repairs and then do not stand behind them no more . I have had it ivanlovejr@comcast.net

Product or Service Mentioned: General Motors Transmission.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

General Motors Cons: Do not stand behind warranty of repairs.

Comments

stratomaestro

I am curious, which gasket was it? GM's rebuilt transmissions are normally sealed units , they even come with fluid inside. Something does not make sense.