My 2013 Chevy Equinox was taken to a Chevy dealer for stalling with oil consumption between 40,000-50,000 miles. A part was fixed at no cost due to warranty.

Oil consumption continued for a year during which time the warranty expired. At 80,000 I had around 2,000 miles left before the next oil change. I took it to a shop because my motor was noisy. He said I had LESS THAN 1 QUART of oil.

He performed an oil change and advised me to contact GM. GM had me take it back in, get another oil change (my expense), and begin oil consumption testing at every 1000 miles. After speaking to GM they advised it's out of warranty, however, may be able to HELP with the bill. No one should ever have to spend $20,000 for a vehicle, have oil consumption begin around 40,000 miles, not have it completely fixed, and then still have problems at the owner's expense even after a warranty ended.

GM should be handling the entire bill since it was reported before the warranty expired. Will NEVER purchase another GM product since they cannot stand behind what they make!

Product or Service Mentioned: 2013 Chevrolet Equinox Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Full refund plus coverage for this problem as long as I own it!.

General Motors Cons: Quality of products.

• Oil Consumption