State: Minnesota City: Roseville Product: General Motors Warranty Clear all filters (1 of 37 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

General Motors in Roseville, Minnesota - Repairs to Saturn Outlook

I own a 2008 Outlook XR, with 128,000 miles. Ten months ago I spent $4,200 on a new transmission. Today I get in the mail another recall letter related to the engine. It states in the letter that the repair is under warranty if under 120,000 miles. I am 8,000 miles over 120,000, so I will have to pay for that as well!! Today I am told by my Tech that the Timing Chain needs replacing, to the cost of $3,000. The Technician said I might need a new engine since the timing chain needs replacing. Cost for a new engine $7,000 to $8,000. Im speechless! I'm potentially looking at a total cost of $11,000. The Interior/Exterior of my auto is in impeccable condition, because that's my Responsibility. There have been 6 Recalls on this Outlook, two that I could not claim, so I had to pay for those repairs myself. With general maintenance costs and upkeep like tires, I will have paid an additional $18,000 more than what I paid for the Outlook. I'm appalled, GM should be ashamed. This is not fair to someone who buys GM autos. It's well known the GM Lambda platform did not work out well for GM during those years...That is GM's Responsibility. I will be blunt but remain calm. What is GM going to do for me with regards to these upcoming Cost. I believe that asking GM to pick up the cost of the Timing Chain/Engine repair, is more than fair. I'm so upset that this is happening to me and my family. Thank you for your time. Todd Cummings 651-245-9439
Review
Product
General Motors Warranty
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags