Update by user Aug 31, 2018

The dash may be a safety issue since the curling is pushing the material out on the side and bottom of dashboard now down by my legs near brake and gas pedal. I NEED A REPLACEMENT!

PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING AND FIX THE MISTAKE YOUR ENGINEERS MADE BY USING THIS INFERIOR EXPERIMENTAL MATERIAL. 2001-2005 IS NOT THAT OLD. I KNOW. MY 1984 VW IS A CLASSIC.

I CAN STILL GET PARTS FOR MY SCIROCCO. IF YOU CARE ABOUT US AT ALL DO THE RIGHT THING! IT SHOULD BE MADE OF NORMAL DASHBOARD MATERIAL. LOW COST BECAUSE YOU MADE THE WRONG CALL ON THIS MATERIAL.

YES. I AM USING CAPITOL LETTERS BECAUSE I AM UPSET. PEOPLE FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS ADORABLE LITTLE CAR AND YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS.

DO THE RIGHT THING. GIVE US THE OPTION OF BUYING A REPLACEMENT AT A LOW PRICE SINCE YYOU MADE THE MISTAKE.

Original review posted by user Aug 31, 2018

The reason they won't fix it is because the government bailed out the old GM during Obama's reign and the new GM suggested I buy a new car. I have a 2005 and I adore my Gun metal grey Grand Am.

It's a v6. He is my Baby and I am so pissed that GM would not at least give us an option of creating a replacement dashboard with the regular materials. The dash on these years were some experimental material. With so many having this problem they should offer a replacement.

I LOVE MY CAR AND DON'T WANT ANOTHER CAR. I was so mad when all the person said when I called to see if a replacement was available was to buy a new car. They don't have any cars that look like my car. Plus it is getting harder to find these cute smaller midsize cars with spoilers.

I would pay for a replacement dash. VW has a huge catalog called German works that has parts clear back to the 60s. 2001-2005 is not that old. I think if they care at all about their customers they should offer a replacement.

I bet some of you like myself are attached to your car and don't want another car. Maybe if we all bombarded them with texts and calls they would at least offer a replacement. It should not be expensive either because they screwed up by using this inferior material instead of the normal dash materials. I have VW Scirocco that is a 1984 that had a black dashboard in Texas that NEVER CURLED.

It was not the heat.

It was this weird material they used. In this case since they messed up then they should give us a low priced replacement.

Reason of review: Except for the inferior dashboard I Love my Grand Am.

Comments