Resolved
2.0

Update by user Apr 04, 2015

Car is fixed and I am very satisfied with GM and Porter once again.

Original review posted by user Mar 05, 2015

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter in regards to my total dissapointment with Porter Chevrolet and Chevrolet in general. I took my car there as always with no problems to get a air bag recall fixed. My wife picked the car up and everything was good for a few days and the a air bag message light comes on. She once again returns the car and was told they cannot duplicate the problem and to come pick the car up. Once she leaves the dealership and gets home the light once again appears. Now we are getting close to the end of my extended warranty of 70,000 miles. She once again returns for a oil change and tire rotation and the air bag message and they have the car for two days. While the car is there I receive a phone call from Porter explaining to me that they have someone there that wants to purchase my car and that they could put me into a new 2015 traverse exactly like the one I have for the same payment or even less. I agreed to proceed to see what kind of deal I could get. I receive a phone call later that day and was told that they could put me in my new traverse for $450.00 per month and $9,000.00 down and they were going to do me a favor and pay off my wifes car for $14,000.00. This car is garage kept and has no dent, dings or scratches and I did my research and this is the price of a car that is in poor condition and has not properly serviced. I recently just put new brakes and tires and a new steering rack into this car. Myself and the salesmen went back and forth and I politly told him I will have my car fixed and be happy with that. I called Jim the Porter service Manager to check on the status of my vehicle and he told me that they have fixed it and had a technician out driving the vehicle to make sure there are no further problem and they were going to check again to make sure there are no more codes and they will call me in a couple of hours, While we were talking on the phone I was receiving another call from Porter Chevrolet. Once Jim and I hung up I played my message and it was a service advisor telling me that my car is done to come pick it up. If the car is out being test driven how can it be ready to be picked up? so I call my wife to let her know and we pick the car up and drive the 6 miles back to our house. My wife left Friday night 2-27-15 for New York about 2hrs after picking the car up and once she was on her way the air bag light comes on and now it will not go out. I cannot tell you how disappointed I this matter. I have owned Chevrolet trucks with getting new ones about every 3yrs since 1999 and finally convinced my wife to purchase a Chevrolet product after owning nothing but Hondas and Isuzu products. Her oponion is on the fence at this point and mine to affter the way this matter is being handled. This is not only a inconvenience but a total let down on the service and a major insult from the salesman. Please see pictures below documenting air bag light and mileage.

Dave Cole

Superintendant

Furness Electric

302-218-7171 - cell

302-392-3741 - office

302-392-3740 - fax

dcole@furnesselectric.com

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lemon, Run around for warranty work, Service techs, No customer support.

Comments