1.6
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I purchased my 2012 Chevy Traverse brand new with a 5 years payment and had it paid off in 21/2 years. Therefore they would not grant the warranty of 100,000.

miles for the engine. My 2012 Chevrolet Traverse While operating the vehicle, "reduce engine power" and "stabilitrak" suddenly appeared on the instrument panel. Next, the vehicle decelerated and failed to accelerate properly. The failure was diagnosed as being the Timing Chain and they would have to replace the whole motor.

Serra Chevrolet of Southfield, MI (Telegraph Rd.) and the manufacturer were notified of the failure, but no assistance was offered. The failure mileage was 85,000. The dealership wants $4,500. to fix the problem.

I don't mind paying to have the car fixed but that is way to much money, and I don't understand why the motor is still not covered under the warranty.

This is unacceptable and unexplainable of the situation. I know GM has had recalls on the 3.6 motors and I can't get any help to fix the problem.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

General Motors Cons: Motor.

Comments