Canton, Pennsylvania
2.5K views 22 comments

If you buy a Terrain which is a great vehicle, do not look for parts not available from GMC.This vehicle is in such high demand that when you need parts there are none available.

I bought one unfortunely it was hit by a deer, yes I said a deer. This happened on November 23,2009, the vehicle is still sitting in repair shop do to the unavailability of parts 50 day later been on the phone with GMC Corp. Just get the sad story of how it is hard for them to get parts for there production. We are suppose to feel sorry for them as they are a hardship case.

I will tell you that if you want to make payments on a vehicle that you do not have the use of buy a GMC Terrain I granuntee you that if you need parts they are not available in any way what so ever. You will get all kinds of promises from GMC but they are empty word with absolutly no value. The vehicle lives up to all ones expectations as advertised but don't need parts you will wait for ever.

So be prepared to watch you money go out each month but not get your vehicle back.So don't be sucked in buy from Ford which I have never own at least you can get parts from Ford.

Review about: Terrain.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with General Motors?

Comments

Pottsville, Pennsylvania, United States #1235565

Terrain bought new - burns oil. Dealer and GM do nothing. Last GM product I will ever buy

justin

I have a terrain and it has been a great vehicle I have awd and still get 23-24 mpg.

Wilits
to justin #1019746

Is that hwy mpg? Lol

slightly satisfied

I bought a 2011 GMC Terrain in late 2010.It is the SLT-2 AWD, and I love the layout of the inside, the power in AWD is phenominal, and it is roomy with the seats down to fit all my ***.

The downside is that I think I pay more for gas a month than I do for the vehicle payment.

Driving in the city I get 12 MPG, that's right I said 12.If you can't afford to pay for the gas, do not buy the AWD.

Totally dissapointed

2011 Terrain - have had for 9 months

Pros: *Cute, *Good gas mileage, but not what they quoted!

Consa: (1)No vents in back seat area (2)Front vents have very limited adjustment & can't reach the back seat (3)Leather seats are perforated which is only good for collecting dirt that you can't clean out (4)Has only 1 of the 4 power outlets that will work when the car is off and it is in the very back by the hatch (5)Back seat does not lay flat (6)When raining, visual thru windshield is dangerous - had it in shop 4 times for that and better but still not fixed (7)Has serious blind spots - side mirrors should be larger since you have to totally depend on them (8)Passenger seat front is uncomfortable & has no adjustments to help (9)Rough idle at times when stopped at light, in shop once for that, not fixed (10)Occasional loud engine rattle upon startup, in shop once - not fixed *****Will trade this thing in asap when the new cars are out- will look at Fords & Toyotas. :(

to Totally dissapointed Mooresville, North Carolina, United States #673339

I have had all the same problems it sucks. Did you end up buying a new car or are you still stuck with the terrain? Please email me, stephaniemcniff13@gmail.com

Totally dissapointed

2011 Terrain - have had for 9 months

Pros: *Cute, *Good gas mileage, but not what they quoted!

Louie castle

I have a 2010 terrain slt with a noisy steering wheel that the dealer can't fix.Also the struts on the front keep coming apart which makes a clunk type noise I have taken the car about 6 times and the dealer can't find the problem.

Actually the car is at the dealer right now as i am writing this, It has been there all week! Extremely dissapointed i need to get rid of this car.

My family and i don't feel safe.Gm said they are willing to work with me so far i have not seen any results what started as a dream car has turned into a complete nightmare that i can't wake up from!

not a happy camper

I bought a managers's special alright.2010 w 29k on it.

I have had it in the shop several times regarding the engine that sounds like a "diesel" at certain rpms. since this this time they have replaced the fuel pump and a recall for a fuel pump insulator ? they have since said that it is the sound of the new fuel injected 4 cyl. I then demanded to listen to another, unfortunately they only had a 2011 on the lot, but it did not compare in sound which of course was determined, that because they were not the same year.

Have had for 6months and hate it unless I turn up the sub par stereo loud enough not to hear the car knocking.:(

SprekaKhan

Honestly, just stumbled into this thread, but i have a 2010 Terrain and i get excellent millage with it.Mind you i'm in Canada so i don't know how the KM per Litre converts but if you want to save Gas you have to put on ECO mode and drive the speed limit, also letting your foot off the gas and cruising gets that ratio proper.

this thing can coast without me putting my foot down. Mind you the balls are cut out of the engine with ECO mode but what do you want.

Speed or efficiancy it has, you just can't get both at the same time.and never a problem so far with braking down, so i just wish you all luck.