State Center, Iowa

I have a 2007 Chevy Aveo I bought in 2008 with 1700 miles and full manufacturer's warranty.The timing belt broke at 62000 miles causing $2000 of engine damage.

The drive train warranty is still good, but the chevy dealer says that the timing belt is a maintenance item that should have been replaced at 60000 miles, and since I was over that I would pay the entire bill.I called GM customer service, and they told me same thing. When I didn't accept that, she escalated it to a tier 2, who after a week, told me the same thing. I complained to BBB, and was contacted by Yvonne at GM, who told me that I was not considered a loyal GM customer, or they would have probably honored it. The car is worth $3000, (kelly blue book), and I owe $5000.

The repair bills are $2000.

The car is sitting at the dealer not being repaired (can't afford it), I am still paying for it and paying for insurance, but can;t drive it.Between towing costs, work missed, and extra gas from driving a van rather than our small car, it has already cost us over $500, and increasing daily.

Had an Experience with General Motors?

Comments

Forsyth, Montana, United States #229191

same thing happen to me and my chevy aveo 2005.timing bell cause a damaged engine and the cost 2.500 ,w only 3000 miles .i never g t buy chevrolet again is a junk